Any USA entry updates?

While it's tempting to book for March 2021 with the decent offer they have on (not often value resorts get the gift card) I'm still not confident that Florida will be a safe place, if I went I would not leave property.
It sounds morbid, but. I'm not far off 60 years old and despite keeping myself fit as a solo traveller I think I want to get Japan and Hong Kong parks in first, then do a double header back to DL and WDW in 2022. I'm really missing my Disney trips which is why I end up on the WDTC site planning even for an unrealistic March 2021 trip.

It sounds morbid, but. I'm not far off 60 years old and despite keeping myself fit as a solo traveller I think I want to get Japan and Hong Kong parks in first, then do a double header back to DL and WDW in 2022.
Not morbid - realistic. I want to do Tokyo and possibly HK but have about 10 years less to play with :crutches:.
Your plan sounds good to me - I might even purloin it * depending what the next 6 months holds :-)

[EDIT: * OTOH I've just remembered it's the Tokyo Olympics next summer, so maybe not so good.]

Last edited:
Not morbid - realistic. I want to do Tokyo and possibly HK but have about 10 years less to play with :crutches:.
Your plan sounds good to me - I might even purloin it * depending what the next 6 months holds :-)

[EDIT: * OTOH I've just remembered it's the Tokyo Olympics next summer, so maybe not so good.]
Not only the Olympics, but, doing Hong Kong and Tokyo while having to wear masks doesn't seem like a good plan. If I'm going on a trip of a lifetime I think I'd rather just hold out until things are more settled.

Here is one thing that seems not to be considered by the media, while I feel for the kids, they will have their whole lives ahead of them when the pandemic is over, but, no one thinks about those who have worked their whole lives, just retired and saved for their bucket list trips only to not be able to go and now have to hope they don't have some kind of health issue that knocks all their plans into touch and are never able to fulfil their dreams.

doing Hong Kong and Tokyo while having to wear masks doesn't seem like a good plan.
Given that mask wearing seemed to be fairly commonplace in those areas before the pandemic I do wonder if they will ever lift that requirement.
Like you I'd probably not go if masks are mandatory, but then again ... never say never.

While it's tempting to book for March 2021 with the decent offer they have on (not often value resorts get the gift card) I'm still not confident that Florida will be a safe place, if I went I would not leave property.
It sounds morbid, but. I'm not far off 60 years old and despite keeping myself fit as a solo traveller I think I want to get Japan and Hong Kong parks in first, then do a double header back to DL and WDW in 2022. I'm really missing my Disney trips which is why I end up on the WDTC site planning even for an unrealistic March 2021 trip.

Nearly 60 .......... You are still a Spring Chicken

Me well over 70 & still travelling ......... AND Driving

Nearly 60 .......... You are still a Spring Chicken

Me well over 70 & still travelling ......... AND Driving
But at these ages the chances of being unexpectedly 'impaired' get quite high. Mañana is not a great plan :confused3

Well that's any trips this side of Christmas well and truly stuffed like a turkey

When do folks think they will start allowing travel ? im thinking mid Jan at the moment

What happens over the next few days will colour my decision for a March trip, but, a Christmas 2021 double header is looking the most likely next trip at the mo'

Well that's any trips this side of Christmas well and truly stuffed like a turkey

When do folks think they will start allowing travel ? im thinking mid Jan at the moment

All virgin reward seats up to 5th Feb disappeared from seatspy this afternoon and if you try to book from MAN-MCO now it routes you via ATL. Methinks this is the start of the mass cancellation process again.

I doubt if America will open up the borders this year while they struggle with their Covid problems even if Biden 🤞 wins. However, I think he will recognise that foreign tourism is useful to the economy and will work to allow people back into the USA, although only countries with a handle on the virus and the UK has a long way to go on that one.

I doubt if America will open up the borders this year while they struggle with their Covid problems even if Biden 🤞 wins. However, I think he will recognise that foreign tourism is useful to the economy and will work to allow people back into the USA, although only countries with a handle on the virus and the UK has a long way to go on that one.
Even if Biden wins, he won't take office til late January 2021 so he has no control over the borders til then. We are in Canada and it's the same, our borders are closed to EVERYONE except citizens or permanent residents unless it's for essential reasons.

If WDW can give me water parks, park hopping
We're also planning for August 2021 and agree with you on water parks and park hopping. I booked for February 2021 Princess half marathon weekend and paid more than ever for a 14-day ticket but wasn't going to get either of those extras mentioned, which didn't seem fair. Also I was staying on site but yet wouldn't get any extra magic hours, again room no cheaper. Disney trips are already expensive but without these extras it seems less value for money than ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!