Any Way to Learn if Southwest Will Give Us Precheck Again?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
The last 3 or 4 trips down and back wifey and I got Precheck without asking or paying. Is there some way to learn in advance if we'll get it for our Oct trip? We only found out when we printed our boarding passes previously.

Thanks,
Bill From PA

Just a note:

SW doesn't actually give you Precheck. They send a file to the Thousands Standing Around (TSA) and the TSA gives out pre-check.

Periodically the TSA threatens to quit giving it for "free" but as far as I can tell they never follow through.

We’re enrolled in the Pre-Check program now, but we did receive pre-check status “free” quite a bit on SWA before. Many times, coincidentally, I noticed one of our elderly parents was traveling with us, but not always. It’s a nice perk.

The last 3 or 4 trips down and back wifey and I got Precheck without asking or paying. Is there some way to learn in advance if we'll get it for our Oct trip? We only found out when we printed our boarding passes previously.

Thanks,
Bill From PA
Nope.

Well, take that back, you'll get it if you go sign up for it. $85 for 5 years. Best money ever spent. I know they claim that even after you buy it you may not get it but we've flown a lot and never not gotten it since buying it. Your odds of not getting are extremely low compared to hoping you get it randomly when you don't buy it

Just a note:

SW doesn't actually give you Precheck. They send a file to the Thousands Standing Around (TSA) and the TSA gives out pre-check.

Periodically the TSA threatens to quit giving it for "free" but as far as I can tell they never follow through.

It does seem that they have cut back though from postings here. It doesn't seem like as many people mention getting it free here on the DIS Boards like they used to a couple years ago. But maybe that's just me :)

Nope.

Well, take that back, you'll get it if you go sign up for it. $85 for 5 years. Best money ever spent. I know they claim that even after you buy it you may not get it but we've flown a lot and never not gotten it since buying it. Your odds of not getting are extremely low compared to hoping you get it randomly when you don't buy it

Why would you not get it? I've not heard anyone mention that.

to OP, Last few years, we have gotten "free" precheck. In May, my DH got it going down, neither of us got it coming home.

Why would you not get it? I've not heard anyone mention that.

to OP, Last few years, we have gotten "free" precheck. In May, my DH got it going down, neither of us got it coming home.
It's always mentioned.
https://www.tsa.gov/precheck
See the alert item just below the blue box, that's where it's stated that it's never guaranteed.

It's just part of the way the program is design. It would work in reverse of getting it free. Every so often, you'll randomly be chosen to NOT get PreCheck and have to go through full screening. But that happens way less often than free PreCheck happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!