Anybody been to Keystone in the Summer?

SusanSeng

Mouseketeer
We have some points that need to be used by Aug. 01 and we've already been to WDW twice this year and won't be able to return till 2002. In the Vacation Magic, I saw some info about the Keystone Resort and thought my retired parents would like to go sometime in July or Aug. They have to make the decision by friday. Has anyone ever been to Keystone in the summer? Would there be enough for them to do for 3 or 4 nights?
We bought a resale that had so many points that had to be used by AUG. 01. I already sent them to Disney in March on some points and now maybe I can give them a little trip to Colorado. Any info will be appreciated.

I haven't been to Keystone but have spent lots of time in the general area (Vail and Beaver Creek) since my grandchildren live there. Summer is my absolutely favorite time to be there. There are loads of things going on in Vail & Beaver Creek (about 30 miles away, altho I believe there is point availability in those towns also). They have weekly outdoor concerts, always some kind of festival going on. Take a ride about 45 minutes east on I-70 and go to Glenwood Canyon, one of the most beautiful spots I have ever seen. There are places to park and walking and biking paths. A pretty-much-all-day trip would be to go over Trail Ridge Road in the direction of Estes Park. It's the highest paved highway in the US. Breathtaking views. Also, there is a narrow gauge rail ride out of Leadville that my mother really enjoyed. If your parents are outdoorsy and in good health, there are many walking and hiking trails. Vail is one of the most charming spots, especially in the summer, when there are beautiful flowers everywhere. Also plenty of good restaurants.
Try a float trip (or white water rafting is they are adventurous). I'm getting jealous thinking about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter