Anybody collect the Disney/Universal baseballs?

IB7

Earning My Ears
I’ve been collecting the baseballs for years - built up an impressive collection (impressive if you like that sort of thing)

Anyway I just got back from my Florida vacation this past weekend & was disappointed that I couldn’t add more collectible baseballs from all the Disney parks, in fact I could not find 1 2017 or 2018 baseball☹️

I went to Universal/IOA & brought 11 in the 1st merch store that I went into at Universal Studios

Anyway, anybody else collect the baseballs or am I on my own?

Feel free to post photos of your collection

I’ve been collecting the baseballs for years - built up an impressive collection (impressive if you like that sort of thing)

Anyway I just got back from my Florida vacation this past weekend & was disappointed that I couldn’t add more collectible baseballs from all the Disney parks, in fact I could not find 1 2017 or 2018 baseball☹️

I went to Universal/IOA & brought 11 in the 1st merch store that I went into at Universal Studios

Anyway, anybody else collect the baseballs or am I on my own?

Feel free to post photos of your collection

Bump ..

Hugely disappointed .. Us too. We have 2017. Not available for this year!

Wow I haven’t heard they didn’t have 2018 balls. I have all the “year balls” except for 2002 which I believe was also skipped. Very disappointed to hear this and hope they don’t stop all together.

I have about 10 baseballs in my collection and I didn't see any new ones earlier this year. I'll be returning in September and hope to find a new one, but I have no hope that there'll be a 2018 ball this year.

Sadly, they don't appear to be producing any more Disney-themed baseballs, not even the annual ones with the year on them. Too bad, was a fun and inexpensive way to collect Disney souvenirs.

Somewhere in 2006-2007, I realized that the yearly baseball was the best souvenir I could get. Inexpensive (compared to many other souvenirs), easy to cary and also easy and nice to display. So each time I went to WDW, I would buy one. That way, I would have a ball with the year I went.

Last time I went was in 2015, before going back a couple weeks ago.... I looked very hard. No ball. Came back home with some pins.... its just not the same. Really liked those baseball. They do all kind of stuff (some weird and some useless) with the year on it.... I would imagine Disney wouldnt shy away from...

:(

I have a 2017 ball but couldn’t get a 2019. Looks like they stopped. Maybe a special for 2020. I have also got into collecting the trucks, also have the year on them. Shame about the baseballs though, I agree.

Wow I haven’t heard they didn’t have 2018 balls. I have all the “year balls” except for 2002 which I believe was also skipped. Very disappointed to hear this and hope they don’t stop all together.

Search on eBay >> Disney World Baseball 100 Years Of Magic / Mickey Mouse 2002 Baseball RARE. .. That’s the 2002 annual ball for that year

Sadly, they don't appear to be producing any more Disney-themed baseballs, not even the annual ones with the year on them. Too bad, was a fun and inexpensive way to collect Disney souvenirs.

I have the Disney 2018 and 2019 never been released annual baseballs now 🙂

I have a collection of the "yearly" Walt Disney World souvenir baseballs. As of now, I have every year but 2004 and 2013 (of course 2002 was not produced). If anyone has one of those years that they'd be willing to part with, I'd be an interested buyer. Please let me know if that is the case or if you even know where I could find either one to purchase. Thanks!

Hi all, I posted here about souvenir baseballs way back in 2016/17 i think. Having been a UK based collector since 1998, I've kept my 'finger in the pie' of Orlando souvenir baseballs. The last Disney 'year ball' produced was 2017. 2018 and 2019 year balls were designed but not commisioned. Look up ebay seller nipit1. He produced samples for both years but neither were commissioned. He does have a few *very rare* production samples for sale. Same with the 30 years Disney/Hollywood ball. Designed but never commisioned, but a few samples are still available. I haven't visited since 2019 but new souvenir baseball production appears to have stopped for both Disney and Universal theme parks. Disney do have a marketing strategy of moritorium to create deamnd for products no longer in production so we may see them again in the future. I've attached a few pics of my collection so far. If anyone wants to sell me Fort Wilderness baseball I will be your best friend forever.

Attachments

• Disney 1 small.jpg
    Disney 1 small.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Disney 2 small.jpg
    Disney 2 small.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Universal 1 small.jpg
    Universal 1 small.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 11
Hi all, I posted here about souvenir baseballs way back in 2016/17 i think. Having been a UK based collector since 1998, I've kept my 'finger in the pie' of Orlando souvenir baseballs. The last Disney 'year ball' produced was 2017. 2018 and 2019 year balls were designed but not commisioned. Look up ebay seller nipit1. He produced samples for both years but neither were commissioned. He does have a few *very rare* production samples for sale. Same with the 30 years Disney/Hollywood ball. Designed but never commisioned, but a few samples are still available. I haven't visited since 2019 but new souvenir baseball production appears to have stopped for both Disney and Universal theme parks. Disney do have a marketing strategy of moritorium to create deamnd for products no longer in production so we may see them again in the future. I've attached a few pics of my collection so far. If anyone wants to sell me Fort Wilderness baseball I will be your best friend forever.
That's an impressive collection. I've got a pretty big collection of Disney. Universal, ESPN, Coca Cola and Hard Rock Cafe baseballs - around 200 in all. You've got a few I haven't got.
That's one serious collection. I, myself collect Disney, Universal, ESPN, Hard Rock Cafe and Coca Cola baseballs - about 230 in all. You have a couple I haven't got and I have a couple I couldn't see in your photos. A Disney Cruise one and a Disney ' Happy Holidays' ball that I've never seen anywhere else. Otherwise we have similar collections. I wish that started producing new ones again. Kind regards, Elliot

Hi Elliot,

Would you be able to post a picture of the Disney Cruise line and Happy Holidays baseballs please. I don't think I've ever seen them. I recently started a Facebook group for UK based collectors to help each oher find balls we haven't got. There 7 of us so far! :P

Hi Mike. Thanks for your reply. I've taken photos of all of my baseballs. I'll go through them tomorrow and upload the ones you wanted. Thinking about it it's 'Season's Greetings', not 'Happy Holidays'. It's also signed, but by who. I have no idea. Also, can you direct me to your Facbook group as I'd like to join.

Cheers. Elliot.

Last edited:
Hi Mike. Thanks for your reply. I've taken photos of all of my baseballs. I'll go through them tomorrow and upload the ones you wanted. Thinking about it it's 'Season's Greetings', not 'Happy Holidays'. It's also signed, but by who. I have no idea. Also, can you direct me to your Facbook group as I'd like to join.

Cheers. Elliot.

Brilliant!

Our small band of merry collectors is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1032734297524315

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!