Anybody else able to take advantage of the Little Bit of Toronto package

TML! congratulations glad to hear you kept trying and got through. I am still trying to convince dh to add another night to our stay but so far no luck. We saw Mama Mia in January and LOVED IT!!! If we weren't taking the kids I would have booked it again. I am excited about taking the kids to the theatre my daughter takes ballet and tap lessons and loves to watch dancing so I am sure she will be totally blown away by the whole experience.

Allison

If you aren't booking with a hotel you can book your tickets on the Mirvish site :0)

I got my tickets for the Lion King (might feel like I'm at disney lol), does anyone know the dress code for going?

Still trying here.:( I actually got the local number to ring once, but it just rang and rang then cut me off. I'm getting really discouraged.

I just used the web site to book the $85.00 package. System was really slow and I had to keep hitting the continue button to get seat selections as the system said it was too busy. I hope I did it right though, as I booked my seats for $85.00 each + service charges, but it didn't do anything about the restaurant vouchers or baseball vouchers...I'm assuming they will be mailed to my house. I've just tried to get back on their site to check about those details, but it's too darn slow! I booked Lion King for June 1 1:00 show in orchestra row 0. Keep trying!

I was told the vouchers for Jays ticket would be mailed with tickets. The restaurant meal is obtained by presenting your theater ticket/stub at the restaurant of your choice. She advised to check the list on the website and call ahead for reservations as they will be very busy.

Finally got though

I tried the phone at work the last two days (always busy). Noticed today that you can book show and restaurant tickets on-line however due to demand the order was not processed. Tried the phone when I got home. On the third attempt I got the phone to ring. The phone rang for a good 50 rings and then got disconected. Tried the web site again. I had to hit continue about half dozen times but finally got though.
Going to the Lion King on May 15th.
I was planning on going to see the play latter this year but could not pass up this deal. Thinking on also picking up some Mama Mia tickets as well.
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Well I never did get through on either the local or 800 line, but I did book a package today with Key Tours that is almost as good. I got Friday May 30 at the Sheraton Centre, tickets to Mama Mia and dinner at Joe Badali's for $139. No Jays tickets, but my dh didn't want to see Boston play anyway, so we are going to the theatre Friday night and are thinking about Casa Loma on Saturday. Has anyone been there recently? I've always wanted to go, but have never been able to fit it in.

I do bookings with Key Tours all the time, and it was really nice not to hear that busy signal! Just picked up the phone and got what I wanted. They also had CN Tower tickets for $8.50 pp.

They only have Friday or Saturday packages available.

Just checked the website and believe I saw that May has sold out so they are extending the offer.

John

You're right Nagle - offer is extended until the end of June.

Heard on the radio today that the sale has been extended for another month.
The sale is now ending on July 1st (Canada Day)

If you're interested, be sure to book right away! We tried MANY times over the past few days (also got that exciting phone ring, only to be cut off after waiting forever) and didn't get through. Once they made the $85 deal available on the internet, even that was really busy. We were able to get 4 tickets for June 22nd, but the availability was very scattered. At least you can see exactly where the tickets are located before you decide to buy them. I thought they might insist that you eat dinner on the same night as the show, and since our Mamma Mia show is a matinee, it looks like we'll be eating a very early dinner that night. I didn't read anything that explicitly stated that the theatre and dinner had to be on the same day, but in any case most of the restaurants are located in the theatre district so it makes sense.

Just returned from a grand overnight visit to Toronto. We had beautiful weather and a even better time. You all could of fooled me that tourism was down. The city was active, fun and people out enjoying the sunshine everywhere you looked. We booked the $85 package on the internet site and found our own rooms. We stayed at the Park Hyatt as my friend runs it. That place was pure luxury but was slow I must admit. We walked up Bloor and the shopping was wonderful! The cafe's were all opened on all the side streets too! We left to go to the 360 Restaurant at the CN Tower with ressies at 5:30. Boy were we surprized to see the line wrapped around the building. The people were waiting two hours to get inside! We bypassed the longest line as we got in the restaurant line but it still took 45 minutes to get to the hostess stand. I found out that there was a $5 admission that day, usually $28 or so I think so alot of locals too. Now the view and dinner were great at the restaurant and the waiter rushed us as he knew we had 8 pm show tickets and arrived late due to the crowds. We had 2A/aC and the menu was limited. Three choices for salad, three for dinner, pasta and shrimp, salmon, and pork shank. It was good. The cheesecake for dessert was to die for! The only problem that we encountered was no children's menu available. The kids only ate a small portion of the pasta, passed the shrimp on to us and enjoyed the ice cream. We were only charged for our beverages and received an additional receipt for the package portion - $216! This was really a great deal!!! On to Lion King, made it with 6 minutes to spare too. Our seven year old wasn't feeling too good and I think the adult spices did him in - the lights dim and Justin yells MOM!!!! My Dh rushes him out and I found out at intermission that he got really sick YUK three times. Well, he started to complain of stomach pain again so we decided to leave at intermission. This was our only low point of weekend. The good news is that he woke up feeling alot better. He had a fever too on Sat. - made me a bit nervous but he is fine tonight! Me and our other DS went out in AM for coffee and fresh pastries and ran into a parade and ceremony for fallen Police Officers at Queens Park. It was touching and a great expereince to watch as the formalities of the ceramoney was very Canadian. This Ameircan family enjoyed it and felt very close to the issue. We checked out of our lovely hotel and drove to park near the Dome. We walked along the water and then over to the Dome and had one of those delicious hot dogs outside and sat in the sun eating them and watching the people. We got in and had great seats on Row 4 baseline.l This was the first pro game for my guys and they were shaking they were so excited. We stayed and cheered and had another grand time and the Blue Jays won 8-2!!!! All in all it was a nice weekend. Last weekend we were in Disney and came home to to hear of this deal.l We took it right away and glad we did. Everyone was so friendly. I would never of guessed what everyone in TO has been going through if I had not read about it and seen it in the papers. I felt completely safe and urge all to try this package if they can get it. In fact - I would love to go back with just DH to see Mama Mia. I will check calandars tommorow. It all worked perfectly and easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter