Anybody fly stand-by lately?

mirlow

Peace-Love-Disney
I'm not sure if we should gamble this or not? We want to fly a nonstop flight from Denver to MCO in January. The cheapest ticket out of Denver is $311. There are 4 of us so that is a lot of money. We just found out last night that United reinstated buddy passes. We have enough for all of us, but I was thinking about buying a ticket on United or Frontier (they leave at the same time, but Uniteds ticket is $398) and have my dh and the kids fly standby? We have never had a problem flying standby before, but I have heard that it is hard getting out of Orlando? What have the loads looked like lately?

Well, my sister is stuck in Seattle, as we speak, trying to get out on a buddy pass to Denver. Flights looked ok last night, and now they are all oversold!!
I would go ahead and buy the tickets to Orlando. By the time you pay the service charge on the buddy passes, you will only be paying a couple hundred more, and you will have positive space. I sweated it out in October going from Denver to Orlando, and that was a slow time, but flights were full. We couldn't fly out of Orlando- had to go to Tampa. Flights have been cut back, so there are not that many seats anyway going from Denver to Orlando.
I know on United, only 2 buddy passes per employee are allowed on any flight, so it seems like your family would have to split up.
If you want to PM me, I can try to help you out on loads!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter