Anybody made Tonga Toast?

mooses41

DVC Hopeful
I got the recipe for Tonga Toast but I don't understand how you can cut a 1 inch pocket in a slice of bread that is 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick. Can anybody help??

Can you share the recipe with us? Thanks!

I think what they mean is for you to cut an opening into the side of the bread thats 1 inch long. Cut it into the crust of each slice. At least that's what I remember from when I ate it there.

I made it many times for the holidays. I always get the big loaf of sourdough bread.

That's the kind of bread that the recipe called for from the Poly

Here's the recipe I got

2 or 4 slices sourdough bread, cut 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
1 banana
1/3 c. sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
oil for frying
whipped butter/syrup

Cut 1 inch pocket in one side of each bread slice. Cut banana in half crosswise, then split each piece lenghwise. Remove peel and stuff 2 pieces of fruit in each pocket of bread; set aside. Mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Mix well the egg, milk and vanilla.

Heat about 4 inches of oil in a pan to 350 degrees. Dip stuffed bread into egg mixture and let it soak for a few seconds to let penetrate bread. Fry bread on both sides in hot oil .

I just slice a pocket down the inside of the bread and stuff the banana in there(try to hide it).
I then fry it in electric fryer with NEW oil.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter