Anybody traveling to WDW this fall

Do I need to call Disney about my AM Cdn Rate tickets that expire December 31, 2020? Do I need to get verbal confirmation about them extending them to December 2021?
What does it say on MDE? I looked at mine (awhile ago) and saw they were automatically extended to Sept 2021, orig trip was supposed to be Aug 2020

Yup mine are the vouchers that need to be exchanged for actual tickets. They only say 2030, but when I bought them through AM it was Dec 31, 2020. I hope they just extend them one full year versus me getting credit for the amount towards new tickets that could go up in price by then.

Mine say 09/26/2021 ? No idea
The ones I paid for say 2030
Yes I have a ticket before they added date specific ones with exp date that say 2030, but the last one I have was date specific and they automatically extended it.

So it will be at the Calgary airport to start (and the Coutts land crossing), a 26 week pilot project and voluntary (if you don't participate you must still quarantine for 14 days). Take the test, quaratine for approx 2 days to get test results. If negative you must remain in AB but don't have to quarantine and must submit a follow up test 6-7 days later. Obvs if you are positive you continue to quarantine. It's a start I guess?

So it will be at the Calgary airport to start (and the Coutts land crossing), a 26 week pilot project and voluntary (if you don't participate you must still quarantine for 14 days). Take the test, quaratine for approx 2 days to get test results. If negative you must remain in AB but don't have to quarantine and must submit a follow up test 6-7 days later. Obvs if you are positive you continue to quarantine. It's a start I guess?
I hope this works out and expands to Toronto.

My guess is YYZ would be the next airport, for sure.

What I want to know is if Atlantic Bubble folks STILL need to quarantine, or if this would eliminate the individual provinces' laws (once this pilot is expanded). Atlantic Provinces will likely be the LAST to implement this.

I have just returned from a 10 night stay in WDW (well almost returned, we are on a layover in YYZ waiting for our flight to Moncton). We were very comfortable in our Canadian airports (Halifax and Toronto), felt like all possible precautions were being taken and enforced. Arriving in MCO was a little more chaotic. They had some measures in place, didn't appear to be enforcement. I did find there was plenty of room for us to distance from others when we felt it necessary. Got our bags and went straight to Magical express, once in Disney bubble our comfort level improved greatly.

On one day we rented a car to check on our place 90 minutes south of WDW and get some groceries. I didn't feel this area was doing all they could and at times I wondered if they knew a pandemic was even going on. Realized our decision to enjoy a Canadian winter was the right one for us. After that day we remained in the Disney bubble for the rest of our stay.

I have heard some say Disney was going overboard. In my opinion they were doing exactly what we do here in Canada, or at least in the Atlantic bubble. I felt no less save than I would in my own community, no more save, but no less either.

I realize this decision is not for everyone. We thought long and hard before we decided to do it. Coming back into Canada, we filled out forms with contact info and were asked very specific questions about our plan to quarantine. We also pre registered with the NB government as required for our return. It was nice to see how Disney was handling Covid. I feel they are doing the absolute best they can, of course the challenge is guest compliance. It is not the same Disney we all know and love. But I will take this version as opposed to none.

We are frequent visitors and AP holders. Our son is grown, and we were not travelling with Children. In my opinion if we were a young family who had been planning and saving for our first trip, now may not be the best time. Also, if the shows and entertainment is more your thing as opposed to attractions, you may not enjoy it as much.

I think it is a very personal decision right now if travelling is right for you.

I have just returned from a 10 night stay in WDW (well almost returned, we are on a layover in YYZ waiting for our flight to Moncton). We were very comfortable in our Canadian airports (Halifax and Toronto), felt like all possible precautions were being taken and enforced. Arriving in MCO was a little more chaotic. They had some measures in place, didn't appear to be enforcement. I did find there was plenty of room for us to distance from others when we felt it necessary. Got our bags and went straight to Magical express, once in Disney bubble our comfort level improved greatly.

On one day we rented a car to check on our place 90 minutes south of WDW and get some groceries. I didn't feel this area was doing all they could and at times I wondered if they knew a pandemic was even going on. Realized our decision to enjoy a Canadian winter was the right one for us. After that day we remained in the Disney bubble for the rest of our stay.

I have heard some say Disney was going overboard. In my opinion they were doing exactly what we do here in Canada, or at least in the Atlantic bubble. I felt no less save than I would in my own community, no more save, but no less either.

I realize this decision is not for everyone. We thought long and hard before we decided to do it. Coming back into Canada, we filled out forms with contact info and were asked very specific questions about our plan to quarantine. We also pre registered with the NB government as required for our return. It was nice to see how Disney was handling Covid. I feel they are doing the absolute best they can, of course the challenge is guest compliance. It is not the same Disney we all know and love. But I will take this version as opposed to none.

We are frequent visitors and AP holders. Our son is grown, and we were not travelling with Children. In my opinion if we were a young family who had been planning and saving for our first trip, now may not be the best time. Also, if the shows and entertainment is more your thing as opposed to attractions, you may not enjoy it as much.

I think it is a very personal decision right now if travelling is right for you.
Hi, thanks for the update, did you stay at a Disney resort and how did find your stay there?

No judgement from me. I do think it’s very interesting that if you arrive in your home airport, they tell you to go straight home and no contact with anyone but you can arrive in a connecting airport and be allowed to sit and possibly infect the person sitting beside you on the plane.

Not directed personally at you, it’s just something I never thought about before and it makes me hesitant to fly even more.

I’m glad you had a good trip and hope others share their experience.

No judgement from me. I do think it’s very interesting that if you arrive in your home airport, they tell you to go straight home and no contact with anyone but you can arrive in a connecting airport and be allowed to sit and possibly infect the person sitting beside you on the plane.

Not directed personally at you, it’s just something I never thought about before and it makes me hesitant to fly even more.

I’m glad you had a good trip and hope others share their experience.

I see your point and the flying part was what caused us the most anxiety prior to and during the trip itself. It is just as possible the person near me on the plane could be infectious. On our last leg from Yyz, there were men returning from work in Alberta. People coming from other countries, and others who spent time in Ontario. The airport itself followed and enforced all protocols. They did so on the plane as well, however it’s a very enclosed space!

As I said, everyone will make their own decisions as to what they are comfortable with. We have 2 weeks of quarantine to reflect on whether we would do it again or not!!

Thank you for sharing .

QUOTE="DSNYDREAMER, post: 62428962, member: 327505"]
I see your point and the flying part was what caused us the most anxiety prior to and during the trip itself. It is just as possible the person near me on the plane could be infectious. On our last leg from Yyz, there were men returning from work in Alberta. People coming from other countries, and others who spent time in Ontario. The airport itself followed and enforced all protocols. They did so on the plane as well, however it’s a very enclosed space!

As I said, everyone will make their own decisions as to what they are comfortable with. We have 2 weeks of quarantine to reflect on whether we would do it again or not!!
[/QUOTE]

What did you do for travel insurance?

Forgive me if I missed something, but how did you cross the border? I thought it was still closed to international travel? On airline sites, I can only find travel for December and on.

Forgive me if I missed something, but how did you cross the border? I thought it was still closed to international travel? On airline sites, I can only find travel for December and on.

I’m not the poster you’re asking but I checked on Expedia and there are many flights to MCO for any date this year.

I'm flying to Orlando in a little over a week. I normally fly out of Buffalo, or drive, but because of the essential travel restriction, I'm flying out of Toronto. As a plus, flight prices are good right now (for YYZ), although car rental prices at MCO are currently high. I'm flying Air Canada, and they've thrown in Covid coverage, maximum $200,000, max stay 21 days. I'm only down for a week, so I'm happy with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter