Anyone a D23 Gold member?

deedubb

Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!
Just wondering if it is worth the cost. Do you pay duty on items that are shipped to Gold members (eg. the Mickey statue they are currently giving to Gold members)?

We were Gold members for about three years but let our membership lapse the beginning of last year. I don't know if it was "worth it" per se since we were never able to attend any events etc but I did enjoy the yearly gifts and the magazine that came three or four times a year. I was never charged duty on any of their packages.

IMO it isnt worth it. I only get it on the off chance that itd be beneficial to be one during D23 expo (so every other year). Ive been to two now and it was useful in one and useless in the other one. You do get a small ticket discount though. I usually dont like the gift and I read then toss the magazines. I dont live near any events so the best thing Ive gotten is free movie tickets one time.That being said Im going to be renewing soon because D23 is next year.

I was in 2021 but can’t remember if there were any duty/brokerage fees with the package and I just subscribed again, the package should be here in a day or 2 so I will let you know.

I purchased a Gold D23 member last year and used it for my trip where I was able to use it for WDW. For some reason I got 2 identical issues (the Disney 100 issue) but have not received the renewal pack yet with the statue

Last edited:
I purchased a Gold D23 member last year and used it for my trip where I was able to use it for WDW. For some reason I got 2 identical issues (the Disney 100 issue) but have not received the renewal pack yet with the statue

I haven’t either, I called them on Friday and they said 6-8 weeks, I purchased on Sept 9th so I guess I will be calling back in a couple weeks.

I haven’t either, I called them on Friday and they said 6-8 weeks, I purchased on Sept 9th so I guess I will be calling back in a couple weeks.
Got the renewal pack. They gave me the wrong front on the card (got Pixar instead of OG Disney) but the statue came just fine. Unsure where going to hang it up. Ordered the renewal the day after you. Hope it arrived

Got the renewal pack. They gave me the wrong front on the card (got Pixar instead of OG Disney) but the statue came just fine. Unsure where going to hang it up. Ordered the renewal the day after you. Hope it arrived

Mine finally arrived a couple days ago, a couple days after getting home from my trip 🤣. Good thing the card is available in the app. And they sent me the Pixar one as well instead of this one
IMG_7267.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter