Anyone cancelled WDW and going to DLRP instead?

Disney Frenhines

DIS Veteran
After my phone call with WDTC concerning my September trip I thought 'stuff this, I'll use the money going to DLRP instead' and I went on the official site to see the availability for Sequoia Lodge and there is suddenly none for what seems the entire winter. So I'm wondering if anyone else has been thinking of doing the same, getting a Disney fix without the uncertainty that we have with the WDW trips at the present.

After my phone call with WDTC concerning my September trip I thought 'stuff this, I'll use the money going to DLRP instead' and I went on the official site to see the availability for Sequoia Lodge and there is suddenly none for what seems the entire winter. So I'm wondering if anyone else has been thinking of doing the same, getting a Disney fix without the uncertainty that we have with the WDW trips at the present.
I think they just don't sell Sequoia till they know more about how this will develop.
We have cancelled our WDW / DL trip for this year. We normally visit DLP at least 3 times a year, but now that the Run Weekend has been cancelled we put all our eggs in the basket for a fabulous Halloween trip :)

They did have Sequoia vacancies a couple of weeks ago, but, with that great offer of a room discount, free dining and €100 gift card it wouldn't surprise me to see SL sold out. I'm happy to stay at Hotel Cheyenne as I had a great stay there. Getting there is a heck of a lot easier than getting to WDW too. Only 3 hours to Bristol instead of 5-6 hours to Gatwick

Sequoia Lodge will be closed when DLP first opens. They are opening with Newport Bay then other hotels over the summer. Sequoia and New York remain closed in this first phase.

We were booking for this November, but decided a little while ago we didn’t want to spend such an amount of money and not “enjoy” it

Decided to book a cheap break to DLP, and as we are driving down, we have more chance to socially distance compared to being on a plane!

Unexpected trip, but can’t wait! 😊

We were supposed to be going to WDW ON THE 25th July - POFQ. WE cancelled just before the balance was due. VA have passed our tickets to the refund department. Rather than rebook WDW for next year, we have decided to wait until 2022 in the hope that things will be nearer normal 🤞
We have booked DLP for August 2021: 3 nights 4 days staying at Newport Bay. Can’t wait for people to start visiting and uploading vlogs to you tube so that I can start planning in full! The more I watch, the more I am so excited about visiting.
We will continue to watch Mollie from All Ears to get my WDW fix though. Just wish there was an All Ears equivalent for DLP!

October is just brilliant! They go all out without it being over the top. I love the day of the dead stuff! WDW won't return to normal for overseas travellers for a while. I think I read they have just extended the state of emergency until September. So realistically I don't think we will be seeing trips to WDW open up untill October/November.

Nov 4th 2020 is when we will decide if we go back to WDW in 2022 or if we visit DLP instead. My kids are open to both options. They love WDW since they grew up visiting every year but they would also love having a Disney vacation in French for once! We are bilingual but French is what we speak at home. Also, we never been in Europe so it would be nice to visit France a little but it would also be a lot more expensive than driving to Florida.

We cancelled our August trip to WDW and now are thinking of DLP. This is all a new beginning now. I am an expert on WDW but DLP Is just all new. Ugh.

Has anyone stayed at the Centre Park Location? Village Natural Paris??? Just curious how the commute to the parks are.

We cancelled our August trip to WDW and now are thinking of DLP. This is all a new beginning now. I am an expert on WDW but DLP Is just all new. Ugh.

Has anyone stayed at the Centre Park Location? Village Natural Paris??? Just curious how the commute to the parks are.
You mean, yay! I get to explore a whole new park ;-) Don't worry, there is hardly anything to prepare for DLP in comparison to WDW. It's very easy.
Get a hotel, get tickets and go go go!

I haven't stayed at Villages Nature Paris, but as it has a (fee to be paid) shuttle, it'll probably very hassle free. The shuttles all depart near the exit. According to google it takes about 25 minutes.
I would personally only stay here if you are going to make use of the amenities and are staying for a longer time. If you look for a cheap(er) place to stay nearby, I would look at Campanile, Magic Circus and the other neighbour hotels. These have free shuttles and are about a 10-15 minute ride away. The only advantage Villages Nature Paris is that it has Extra Magic Time included.
By car both probably are a little bit shorter, but then of course you have the parking fee and the extra few minutes from the parking lot to the park entrance. So it probably evens out.

You mean, yay! I get to explore a whole new park ;-) Don't worry, there is hardly anything to prepare for DLP in comparison to WDW. It's very easy.
Get a hotel, get tickets and go go go!

I haven't stayed at Villages Nature Paris, but as it has a (fee to be paid) shuttle, it'll probably very hassle free. The shuttles all depart near the exit. According to google it takes about 25 minutes.
I would personally only stay here if you are going to make use of the amenities and are staying for a longer time. If you look for a cheap(er) place to stay nearby, I would look at Campanile, Magic Circus and the other neighbour hotels. These have free shuttles and are about a 10-15 minute ride away. The only advantage Villages Nature Paris is that it has Extra Magic Time included.
By car both probably are a little bit shorter, but then of course you have the parking fee and the extra few minutes from the parking lot to the park entrance. So it probably evens out.
Thanks! I am only looking at this as if my DH comes then we are 5 and they have apartments with more than one bath as my mom will join us. The pool area does look great and we would take advatnage of that and stay at least 4 nights. We had looked at the Newport Beach a few weeks ago and it was a great deal wth dining, now that deal is gone.. reminded us of the Beach Club..

do you find there are more cheaper dining options than in WDW? we are Free dining spoiled and my mom worried we will spend over 1000 euros for food for 4/5 days.. We do not need any exclusive, character dining.. which I would think is off for now anyways.... I like how Five Guys, Earl of Sandwich are there.

Thanks! I am only looking at this as if my DH comes then we are 5 and they have apartments with more than one bath as my mom will join us. The pool area does look great and we would take advatnage of that and stay at least 4 nights. We had looked at the Newport Beach a few weeks ago and it was a great deal wth dining, now that deal is gone.. reminded us of the Beach Club..

do you find there are more cheaper dining options than in WDW? we are Free dining spoiled and my mom worried we will spend over 1000 euros for food for 4/5 days.. We do not need any exclusive, character dining.. which I would think is off for now anyways.... I like how Five Guys, Earl of Sandwich are there.
Ah, free dining at WDW, I did it on my first trip and I probably ate 300-400 dollar above my break even point ;-) I love a good steak.
But you will have to let that thought go, that is something you will never get at DLP. There can be good deals with the meal plans, but do the math on forehand. Have looked at several country DLP websites? You can (as in it is allowed) to book a package through a different country. Check if the websites of France, Belgium, Ireland, The Netherlands, Spain, Germany etc. have a better offer. It can be that there is an offer with a meal plan included in another country, while it's not for the UK or the US.

But indeed, with the size of your group and if you plan to spend time at the pool, Villages Nature Paris is much better than any of the DLP pools. With 4 nights, it can make sense. It's nice to have the space and a kitchen. You can pick up some food & drinks at Relay at the station (or if you have a car go to the supermarket in the villages around DLP) and save some money that way.

I personally budget 50-60 euro per day at DLP. My breakfast is cheap with a muffin on the go, lunch for 15 euro, and dinner for 15-30 euro, depending on where we eat, and inbetween a few euro for a bottle of soda or an ice cream etc.

Ah, free dining at WDW, I did it on my first trip and I probably ate 300-400 dollar above my break even point ;-) I love a good steak.
But you will have to let that thought go, that is something you will never get at DLP. There can be good deals with the meal plans, but do the math on forehand. Have looked at several country DLP websites? You can (as in it is allowed) to book a package through a different country. Check if the websites of France, Belgium, Ireland, The Netherlands, Spain, Germany etc. have a better offer. It can be that there is an offer with a meal plan included in another country, while it's not for the UK or the US.

But indeed, with the size of your group and if you plan to spend time at the pool, Villages Nature Paris is much better than any of the DLP pools. With 4 nights, it can make sense. It's nice to have the space and a kitchen. You can pick up some food & drinks at Relay at the station (or if you have a car go to the supermarket in the villages around DLP) and save some money that way.

I personally budget 50-60 euro per day at DLP. My breakfast is cheap with a

muffin on the go, lunch for 15 euro, and dinner for 15-30 euro, depending on where we eat, and inbetween a few euro for a bottle of soda or an ice cream etc.
Sorry to keep bugging you, but today I have looking at packages for either the first week of sept. this year or first Nov week. I will definatley look at all country sites.. sofar I have been on the german and UK sites..

We are still undecided if my DH comes with. then we drive and the Villages will be good. But my question for you is is the Villages an ok location for guests who fly.. I saw there is a TGV train from CDG to the Disney stop.. Now just wondering how to get to the villages from there....oh decisions...

WDW is so easy as we just get a car at MCO.

correct me if I am wrong but there is only one train stop. gare de Marne la vaillee

Sorry to keep bugging you, but today I have looking at packages for either the first week of sept. this year or first Nov week. I will definatley look at all country sites.. sofar I have been on the german and UK sites..

We are still undecided if my DH comes with. then we drive and the Villages will be good. But my question for you is is the Villages an ok location for guests who fly.. I saw there is a TGV train from CDG to the Disney stop.. Now just wondering how to get to the villages from there....oh decisions...

WDW is so easy as we just get a car at MCO.

correct me if I am wrong but there is only one train stop. gare de Marne la vaillee
You could rent a car at CDG as well and I think in your situation that is your best option.

From CDG you can have 4 options:
1. Take the TGV, 1 stop 10 minutes, schedule irregular
2. Take the Magic bus, several stops (depending on those on the bus which hotel or park comes first), 45-60 minutes, there is a schedule, with 2 buses per hour. They don't really stick to the schedule.
3. Take a car service, 45 minutes
4. Rent a car, 45 minutes

If you go with a family probably option 3 and 4 are most cost-effective.
For options 1 and 2, you would have to make another transfer at the park entrance to get to Villages Nature Paris by shuttle.

For timing both should be good, keep in mind that the 1st of November is a bank holiday in France.

You could rent a car at CDG as well and I think in your situation that is your best option.

From CDG you can have 4 options:
1. Take the TGV, 1 stop 10 minutes, schedule irregular
2. Take the Magic bus, several stops (depending on those on the bus which hotel or park comes first), 45-60 minutes, there is a schedule, with 2 buses per hour. They don't really stick to the schedule.
3. Take a car service, 45 minutes
4. Rent a car, 45 minutes

If you go with a family probably option 3 and 4 are most cost-effective.
For options 1 and 2, you would have to make another transfer at the park entrance to get to Villages Nature Paris by shuttle.

For timing both should be good, keep in mind that the 1st of November is a bank holiday in France.

thanks for all your tips in the above posts. Update:
We just booked for the first week of September. We decided on the villages and we got a special 4 nights with two park days 30% off. I hope those two days will be enough. But I figured that gives us one day to use their water park on site and do some shopping, maybe go downtown Paris or their Disney springs. My husband is coming with us as it was really weird. The difference between five people and four people was only like €150. So we’re saving tons of money not flying and taking ground transportation

We have the car So we can go shopping for food and do some meals in the apartment. With Covid anyways we won’t be doing that much dining indoors. I’m so excited and will be totally checking out the threads here on this board.
The nice thing too is that if you book a package with them you are guaranteed park entrance for your tickets so I don’t have to worry about stressing out making sure we have a park reservation

thanks for all your tips in the above posts. Update:
We just booked for the first week of September. We decided on the villages and we got a special 4 nights with two park days 30% off. I hope those two days will be enough. But I figured that gives us one day to use their water park on site and do some shopping, maybe go downtown Paris or their Disney springs. My husband is coming with us as it was really weird. The difference between five people and four people was only like €150. So we’re saving tons of money not flying and taking ground transportation

We have the car So we can go shopping for food and do some meals in the apartment. With Covid anyways we won’t be doing that much dining indoors. I’m so excited and will be totally checking out the threads here on this board.
The nice thing too is that if you book a package with them you are guaranteed park entrance for your tickets so I don’t have to worry about stressing out making sure we have a park reservation

Two days in September will mean you can easily do both parks. At the moment Studios park is not really a whole day. You obviously want to get on crushes coaster first as out of everything it's unique and gets a big line.

Disney village means you can have a few cheaper meals but try and avoid McDonald's straight after illuminations if they have started back by then.

Your have a great time! September and October are the best times. Did you book via UK site?

Two days in September will mean you can easily do both parks. At the moment Studios park is not really a whole day. You obviously want to get on crushes coaster first as out of everything it's unique and gets a big line.

Disney village means you can have a few cheaper meals but try and avoid McDonald's straight after illuminations if they have started back by then.

Your have a great time! September and October are the best times. Did you book via UK site?
Yes in Germany and checked both DE and UK sites. For September the price was the Basically same. Maybe 30euros cheaper with exchange. I ended up using U.K. as the apartment they should had a better floor plan ( though I am learning this might not make a difference as one gets an apartment class).
I believe the UK offered a half board special for late Fall where DE didn’t. Plus it’s more a personal preference as I am an American I prefer to read my Disney stuff in Englis 😂.

AND no way in heck we are going to McDonald’s while at Disney ( that’s for the 6 hour drive). Plus we are looking forward to Five Guys.

Yes in Germany and checked both DE and UK sites. For September the price was the Basically same. Maybe 30euros cheaper with exchange. I ended up using U.K. as the apartment they should had a better floor plan ( though I am learning this might not make a difference as one gets an apartment class).
I believe the UK offered a half board special for late Fall where DE didn’t. Plus it’s more a personal preference as I am an American I prefer to read my Disney stuff in Englis 😂.

AND no way in heck we are going to McDonald’s while at Disney ( that’s for the 6 hour drive). Plus we are looking forward to Five Guys.

I really hope you have a great time. That's good about the offer.

It's such a different experience than wdw. Alot less planning. When you have been I hope you do a trip report and let us know how you feel it went. Most Americans WDW fans are blown away by the size and some key attractions like space mountain, so I would love your take on this.

I really hope you have a great time. That's good about the offer.

It's such a different experience than wdw. Alot less planning. When you have been I hope you do a trip report and let us know how you feel it went. Most Americans WDW fans are blown away by the size and some key attractions like space mountain, so I would love your take on this.
Thanks! We are getting excited. Am I wrong but it almost seems like they have more rides than HS and MK?? Granted Galaxies Edge added two rides now but I am surprised at how many unique rides there in DLP. Super excited to try Space Mountain. I know it sounds horrible but my 15-year-old son has never done an inversion ride. He always refused to go on rockin roller coaster and so I’m tempted to have him go on space Mountain not tellOmg him that the one in Disneyland Paris has inversions. I know he will love it once he does it is that cruel 😂.
And with my mom and I are most looking forward to us going to a Disney park and not having to oppressive heat and humidity like Orlando has end of August beginning of September. That is when we usually go. And also not having the back of our mind is there gonna be another hurricane coming. We were on the last flight out before the airport closed for Irma. And we were there for Dorian.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!