Anyone cancelled WDW and going to DLRP instead?

Thanks! We are getting excited. Am I wrong but it almost seems like they have more rides than HS and MK?? Granted Galaxies Edge added two rides now but I am surprised at how many unique rides there in DLP. Super excited to try Space Mountain. I know it sounds horrible but my 15-year-old son has never done an inversion ride. He always refused to go on rockin roller coaster and so I’m tempted to have him go on space Mountain not tellOmg him that the one in Disneyland Paris has inversions. I know he will love it once he does it is that cruel 😂.
And with my mom and I are most looking forward to us going to a Disney park and not having to oppressive heat and humidity like Orlando has end of August beginning of September. That is when we usually go. And also not having the back of our mind is there gonna be another hurricane coming. We were on the last flight out before the airport closed for Irma. And we were there for Dorian.

I think MK has more rides but... It's often said that the ones they have are superior to the sister rides. (BTM, PM, IASW, POTC) What DLP has that no other non Asian park has is walk through attractions. The maze, dragon etc.

With space mountain it's probably best you do that first then as it's such a great ride. Honestly it nocks the socks off the other versions. He then will hopefully have the courage to do the temple of peril then (it's ok but not amazing) as you can see the loop outside.

The studios park maybe not a let down but is not amazing. It's currently having alot of work done to it. Maybe the new cars ride will be completed! Get on Crushes Coaster early (like first thing). Then Ratatouille! That park has amazing snippets of greatness and I hope if you enjoy your trip your be back in 4 years when the conversion is complete.

What is the bit your looking forward to the most?

I think MK has more rides but... It's often said that the ones they have are superior to the sister rides. (BTM, PM, IASW, POTC) What DLP has that no other non Asian park has is walk through attractions. The maze, dragon etc.

With space mountain it's probably best you do that first then as it's such a great ride. Honestly it nocks the socks off the other versions. He then will hopefully have the courage to do the temple of peril then (it's ok but not amazing) as you can see the loop outside.

The studios park maybe not a let down but is not amazing. It's currently having alot of work done to it. Maybe the new cars ride will be completed! Get on Crushes Coaster early (like first thing). Then Ratatouille! That park has amazing snippets of greatness and I hope if you enjoy your trip your be back in 4 years when the conversion is complete.

What is the bit your looking forward to the most?

the castle as you can actually go in it. My mom’s favorite ride is HM so the pHantom Manor will be cool to see.Ratatouille of course. Space Mountain and how BTMRR is on an island will be cool.
What I am looking forward to and I hope and pray is that the wait times remain low as in yesterday.
that will be awesome. One of best memories
was being in the parks right before they closed them in the afternoon before Dorian came. Everything was a walk on and it was just a delight.

the castle as you can actually go in it. My mom’s favorite ride is HM so the pHantom Manor will be cool to see.Ratatouille of course. Space Mountain and how BTMRR is on an island will be cool.
What I am looking forward to and I hope and pray is that the wait times remain low as in yesterday.
that will be awesome. One of best memories
was being in the parks right before they closed them in the afternoon before Dorian came. Everything was a walk on and it was just a delight.

September the traffic should be light. With fast pass you should never que over 20 mins... Here's how I do my day normally for minimal ques:

1. Head to the back of the park and grab a Peter pans flight (this has insane lines for what it is) fast pass then hit up another ride in the area like IASW.
  2. Do a pit stop for a drink and head to Peter pans flight.
  3. Go to frontier land and get a fast pass for btm.
  4. Ride phantom m (15 min wait ish)
  5. Hopefully BTM will be ready for you or you can do the river boat circuit prior.
  6. Get another BTM and go to adventure land and ride indie and pirates.
  7. You then will probably have time for another ride on BTM after some food or an explore
  8. Then get a space mountain ticket fp. (Normally a parade would happen which I never normally do).
  9. Star tours and Mickey's philla. Then the nortalis before space mountain.
  10. By then you have done all the e tickets so get either a fp re-ride on space or BTM.
  11. Then the other ques will be smaller an you can explore the mazes, castle and walk through a. I don't know if buzz will be back open for you.
  12. The train is a really nice thing to do in the afternoon too.
The main thing is your have plenty of time for rides and if your ticket allows it your probably spend only 2/3 of the day in the studios park so your have a evening to enjoy main park again.

Provided fastpasses are back in use in September. Most rides with FP are now available during EMH. I usually do Peter Pan first and then go to Big Thunder Mountain for FP.

I am so happy the train is finally back, we don't ride it often, but not being able to do so for almost 2 years... too long!

Last edited:

Provided fastpasses are back in use in September. Most rides with FP are now available during EMH. I usually do Peter Pan then and then go to Big Thunder Mountain for FP.

I am so happy the train is finally back, we don't ride it often, but not being able to do so for almost 2 years... too long!
Good timing for us as my mom can only do those slow rides. She lives trains and the people mover- That we will miss in DLP.

Can somebody tell me is DLP generally had leases park hours than the parks in WDW, or are the short days a Covid adjustment. For September goes are from 10 to 8 pm. Magic hours are at 8:30.

We are actually happy about these hours as there is less pressure to get up super early or stay super late and exhaust ourselves. Make spending the whole day they’re not so bad. In Orlando we were always spoiled as we stayed so long we basically just half days in the parks and enjoyed ourselves at the pool the rest of the dayMake spending the whole day they’re not so bad. In Orlando we were always spoiled as we stayed so long we basically just half days in the parks and enjoyed ourselves at the pool the rest of the day.

but I’m curious to know is how come the extra magic hours are only from 8:30 to 9:30 and then there’s that half hour gap before the park opens for general at 10. Is that half hour just kind of a buffer when they start letting people in early?

Too bad they don’t have any evening extra magic hours those are always our favorites. I am curious though can someone correct me if I’m wrong but I believe not all resorts are open in the fall correct? The marvel one is not finished yet and I believe Sequona is also closeD, so just by default it should will be extra less crowded during those extra magic hours at this time.

Attachments

• F7E88B28-6468-4AF2-A116-4C7E79BC59F6.png
    F7E88B28-6468-4AF2-A116-4C7E79BC59F6.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 2
Can somebody tell me is DLP generally had leases park hours than the parks in WDW, or are the short days a Covid adjustment. For September goes are from 10 to 8 pm. Magic hours are at 8:30.

We are actually happy about these hours as there is less pressure to get up super early or stay super late and exhaust ourselves. Make spending the whole day they’re not so bad. In Orlando we were always spoiled as we stayed so long we basically just half days in the parks and enjoyed ourselves at the pool the rest of the dayMake spending the whole day they’re not so bad. In Orlando we were always spoiled as we stayed so long we basically just half days in the parks and enjoyed ourselves at the pool the rest of the day.

but I’m curious to know is how come the extra magic hours are only from 8:30 to 9:30 and then there’s that half hour gap before the park opens for general at 10. Is that half hour just kind of a buffer when they start letting people in early?

Too bad they don’t have any evening extra magic hours those are always our favorites. I am curious though can someone correct me if I’m wrong but I believe not all resorts are open in the fall correct? The marvel one is not finished yet and I believe Sequona is also closeD, so just by default it should will be extra less crowded during those extra magic hours at this time.

When they say hour it tends to be sections of the park. Standard ticket holders can get in about 30 minutes prior but the lands opened are just for extra magic hour users. You can get on the main Street transport though.

I forgot about fast pass. At the moment current situation is through to aug... Then who knows.

FP are the old paper ones correct? Thought you could purchase too? Haven’t gotten this far in my planning. Still trying to decide if we buy an extra day or not. I was pleasantly surprised how much cheaper a one park Ione day tix is.

FP are the old paper ones correct? Thought you could purchase too? Haven’t gotten this far in my planning. Still trying to decide if we buy an extra day or not. I was pleasantly surprised how much cheaper a one park Ione day tix is.

Are you going on a 'mini' day? Are all your days 'mini' ? Yes they are paper. So you walk up scan you barcodes and get your tickets (remember you can claim your next one when your time is due to ride).

I really would advise not wasting cash on buying fp in September. Spend that money on an extra day in the park because the lines for most things are manageable and like I said if your clever quite fast.

Now when I say lines I mean those for rides... Food in the other hand is so SLOW. It's my biggest gripe with France, they don't do efficiency when it comes to customer service and food. Don't eat at peak times or pre book a sit down meal. Counter meals and hot drinks can take what seems forever.

Do check the menus out prior as I find food at quick service level is not that fun. Is there any must have eats?

Are you going on a 'mini' day? Are all your days 'mini' ? Yes they are paper. So you walk up scan you barcodes and get your tickets (remember you can claim your next one when your time is due to ride).

I really would advise not wasting cash on buying fp in September. Spend that money on an extra day in the park because the lines for most things are manageable and like I said if your clever quite fast.

Now when I say lines I mean those for rides... Food in the other hand is so SLOW. It's my biggest gripe with France, they don't do efficiency when it comes to customer service and food. Don't eat at peak times or pre book a sit down meal. Counter meals and hot drinks can take what seems forever.

Do check the menus out prior as I find food at quick service level is not that fun. Is there any must have eats?
Not really with dining we are spoiled at WDW. Free dining etc. Can’t see them having a Boma. Buffets are gone too for. Ow. We don’t need character. Ideally would be an outdoor place that has real food for quick service. No burgers ( saving that for 5’guys). I hear good things about Walts Place. Plan to look at dining later this week. I checked the online for Casey’s. Was disappointed they don’t have the corn dog nuggets. Unless they are on there. That’s a classic at WDW. I miss corn dogs.

Not really with dining we are spoiled at WDW. Free dining etc. Can’t see them having a Boma. Buffets are gone too for. Ow. We don’t need character. Ideally would be an outdoor place that has real food for quick service. No burgers ( saving that for 5’guys). I hear good things about Walts Place. Plan to look at dining later this week. I checked the online for Casey’s. Was disappointed they don’t have the corn dog nuggets. Unless they are on there. That’s a classic at WDW. I miss corn dogs.
You can get churros!

Please, do not get your hopes on food of equal quality to table service in WDW. Food at DLP is average. It's not bad, but please save yourself disappointment and do not compare it food at WDW. There are some better counter service places, my favourites are Hakuna Matata, Toad Hall (Go at opening), in the Village we like table service Anettes and King Ludwig. By September the summer season should still be on (not sure till when, but the signs are there that it's going to be extended to Halloween, due to the closure), and that comes with snacks! https://pixiedust.be/nieuws/the-many-snacks-to-discover-at-disneyland-paris-this-summer/

Or try some of the French stuff, like the crepes at the cart in front of the castle or the croque monsieur at the Market Hall in Main Street.

Walt's have been closed for a long time, and no sign when it will reopen.
In my honest opinion, table service is very overpriced at Disneyland Park & Studios. For a good French food experience go to Paris or something a little bit more authentic.

Please, do not get your hopes on food of equal quality to table service in WDW. Food at DLP is average. It's not bad, but please save yourself disappointment and do not compare it food at WDW. There are some better counter service places, my favourites are Hakuna Matata, Toad Hall (Go at opening), in the Village we like table service Anettes and King Ludwig. By September the summer season should still be on (not sure till when, but the signs are there that it's going to be extended to Halloween, due to the closure), and that comes with snacks! https://pixiedust.be/nieuws/the-many-snacks-to-discover-at-disneyland-paris-this-summer/

Or try some of the French stuff, like the crepes at the cart in front of the castle or the croque monsieur at the Market Hall in Main Street.

Walt's have been closed for a long time, and no sign when it will reopen.
In my honest opinion, table service is very overpriced at Disneyland Park & Studios. For a good French food experience go to Paris or something a little bit more authentic.
Yeah we figured that out. My son will be honestly happy eating at five guys every night. My son will be honestly happy eating at five guys every night.We plan on taking advantage of the kitchenette at the Villages. We never cook while at WDW but figure let’s save money. Thanks for the tips above will take a look. Maybe we’ll just graze and snack all day. Dining is actually one of the reasons why we weren’t totally devastated about not going to Disney World this year. Once we learn they pulled all the free dining from all the packages we were like well it’s not worth it then anyways especially with food and wine and everything. We really used those snack credits for that food

Yeah we figured that out. My son will be honestly happy eating at five guys every night. My son will be honestly happy eating at five guys every night.We plan on taking advantage of the kitchenette at the Villages. We never cook while at WDW but figure let’s save money. Thanks for the tips above will take a look. Maybe we’ll just graze and snack all day. Dining is actually one of the reasons why we weren’t totally devastated about not going to Disney World this year. Once we learn they pulled all the free dining from all the packages we were like well it’s not worth it then anyways especially with food and wine and everything. We really used those snack credits for that food

I don't think the snacks are that bad at DLP. They are not as varied but if your clever you can find some nice ones. The stalls outside Ratatouille are good and one thing they do well is some of the hot chocolates! Really enjoyed last year's Halloween blueberry hot chocolate from fantasy land.

We have cancelled our AP's to WDW and will be moving back to the EU. It seems our country is going to hell without the handbasket and I want out. So we are leaving to return to our EU home where we will buy AP's to DLP once again.

We have cancelled our AP's to WDW and will be moving back to the EU. It seems our country is going to hell without the handbasket and I want out. So we are leaving to return to our EU home where we will buy AP's to DLP once again.
Welcome back! I think the world is going crazy.. where in EU is your home?

Thank you, we are US Citizens but hold residency in Bulgaria. We have lived in the the EU for 8 years but I chose the wrong time to return to the USA. We are staying safe our ranch and waiting to get back to BG and 14 days of quarantine.

Well have a safe trip and look forward to those DLP days. It may not have EPCOT but it has its own charm and the new studios plans look amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!