Anyone Christmas shopping yet... continued...

got christopher robin for $10 and free shipping at target yesterday. also nabbed a couple video games through walmart that were running about $10-$15 less than i found anywhere else (again free shipping).

Everyone's so quiet on this thread lately - are you all too busy shopping? Buying what??? I need to know what deals everyone is finding! LOL :wave2:

I picked up a few decorations today at Target - I'll call that Christmas shopping for the house! I got a new wreath for the front door because I realized our old one had hit the pitiful stage, and a nice new wreath hanger. I'd always used the cheap-y hangers before, but this one is nice and heavy duty and will go perfect with the house.

Otherwise since I'm generally done with my shopping for others, I've just been sitting back and watching the sales to see what comes up that I didn't know *I* needed. I bought some makeup at Everyday Mineral's 40% off sale yesterday. And I almost bought a cheap Roku TV for DD18 yesterday, but hemmed and hawed too long and it was out of stock by the time I decided to pull the trigger. But that's a good thing - I really didn't need to buy it. She has a 17" laptop that's good enough for watching the stuff she wants to watch. I did jump on a QVC deal and got DD a travel sized bronzer she wanted for her stocking, but that was only $6 after a coupon.

Everyone's so quiet on this thread lately - are you all too busy shopping? Buying what??? I need to know what deals everyone is finding! LOL :wave2:

I picked up a few decorations today at Target - I'll call that Christmas shopping for the house! I got a new wreath for the front door because I realized our old one had hit the pitiful stage, and a nice new wreath hanger. I'd always used the cheap-y hangers before, but this one is nice and heavy duty and will go perfect with the house.

Otherwise since I'm generally done with my shopping for others, I've just been sitting back and watching the sales to see what comes up that I didn't know *I* needed. I bought some makeup at Everyday Mineral's 40% off sale yesterday. And I almost bought a cheap Roku TV for DD18 yesterday, but hemmed and hawed too long and it was out of stock by the time I decided to pull the trigger. But that's a good thing - I really didn't need to buy it. She has a 17" laptop that's good enough for watching the stuff she wants to watch. I did jump on a QVC deal and got DD a travel sized bronzer she wanted for her stocking, but that was only $6 after a coupon.
I am pretty much done and am at the price adjustment/return-re buy stage. It’s a pain in the butt but I’ve “recovered” a bit over $200.

We’re almost done shopping for the kids
-itty bit just needs some clothes
-little Z needs one Santa gift (maybe a midsized LEGO set)
Both need stocking stuffers

Family
-parents need something each prob gift cards
-nephew needs something
-nephews on my husbands side all are getting $20 gift cards(3 nephews)
-sister needs something
-bro and sister in law each need something

And our two kids each get something for my husband and I (we each take them shopping to pick out an item from them)

I've pretty much finished except for my Dad and stepmother. If I don't think of anything good, I'll just get Dad some bourbon and stepmom some wine.

DH and I got new phones a week or so ago and that is our big Christmas present, but we decided to get each other a few little things to open on Christmas, so I need to figure out a couple more things for him.

Our tree is going to look bare this year although we spent around the same or more as previous years. We’ve got an Apple theme going on. DS11 is an new iPad, iPhone 8 to replace his iPhone 5, Apple Watch, Harry Potter Lootcrate, a couple of board games and some books. Oh, and his first cologne set to help offset his pre-teen funk. I got a new iPhone. I got DH an Apple Watch but he already knows and wants me to return it :( And we got Universal annual passes for our family gift. My mom will get some gift cards and DS’s school picture framed. My sisters will just get something small since I doubt I will get gifts from them in return. I also purchased DS’s 12th birthday party activity at iFly for his BF and him since they were offering a great special. I am doing a count to Christmas calendar out of Chinese take out boxes with small gifts in them for DS. That is my remaining task to complete tomorrow while I am off.

I've pretty much gotten everyone done over the last week. I got my kids all finished except for some stocking stuffers, but that is just going to be some candy, snacks and scratch off tickets.
I have to order a gift to be delivered so I'm waiting a little longer, hoping to get a discount code to use.
Still struggling over my FIL. I want to get him tickets to a special outing but they won't be on sale for awhile and I don't know any of the dates yet either. I was thinking of making a "ticket" to gift him and then purchase the actual tickets when they do go on sale and he can pick what date works best for him.
Dh hasn't really given me the go ahead, so for now I'm not thinking about it, I'll let dh figure something out for him. Which will most likely involve a panicked dh asking me to do the ticket thing on Christmas Eve :laughing:

I'm pretty much done for Christmas unless something jumps out at me. Got my dad Weathertech mats. Mom some yankee candles and will get her a word search (one that is a National Parks one that seems like something she'd love). Nephew I got a disney gift card to use for whatever he wants while we are in Disney in Jan. Board games/puzzles for 3 close family member kids, game stop gift card for the other. Mom, dad, brother, and nephew usually get more, but I'm mostly paying for Disney so told them that is their gift.

Not done shopping yet, but made a dent and I just mostly need gift cards to purchase.

So far for my 3 year old:
Duplo Legos, a bike+accessories, dinosaur mask, a big Spider-Man that sprays. If I see something else we’ll get it, but he already has lots of toys, clothes, and books (I have saved them from his brother’s collection). I have a movie for his stocking, but I still need a few things.

For my 12 year old:
Tickets to see Charlie and the chocolate factory, ps4 year subscription, ps4 gift card, shoes. Again, if we see something else we’ll get it, but like his brother he has lots of clothes and he has all the gadgets he wants. I have a book and movie for his stocking but need a few more items.

My husband is getting shoes which he knows about, socks, clothes, and baseball caps. He really only wanted the caps, so finding things for him is hard.

My god daughters are done and so are most of my nephews. Just need a few nieces, but they are gift cards.

i've got a bunch of dvds ordered from target (they had some great deals in the less than $10 range). i still need to hit gamestop to do the bulk of ds's shopping, got a few more things to get for dd-and still have to figure out some things for dh.

college DD came to visit for Thanksgiving. Talking to her some stuff came up and I got more ideas of what to get her. Dh handed down his car to her and it's 10 years old. Its in very good condition but the radio electric thingy keeps blinking or phases out. I told Dh let get her a new car stereo. He agreed and wants to get her one with blue tooth and the other stuff that she can use music off her phone list. She meals prep and has been using rice in boiling bags but I figure an Aroma rice cooker that she can make rice and on top container steam chicken, fish or shrimp and veggies. I guess you can also cook soup, mac n cheese and bake a cake. Perfect for college life(she lives on campus)

I still need to get her gift cards to
-Domino's pizza
-Yogurt place
-and a few fast food places

I'm trying to get through her bday and see what she gets. We will give her some cash

OP here,

I have just been recuperating from Thanksgiving, and this is the first year in many years that I did not black friday shop... nor did I on-line on cyber monday... We have been visiting with friends, and I watched my grandson a day or two as the daycare was closed... Which is much more fun than any ole shopping trip...

I did get back on track yesterday... I took my mom out shopping, I did pick up some stocking stuffer's and some other thing at Ross... I have to say they have a lot of Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel & Disney princess toys... all at really good price's. They had quite a bit of adult hair stuff on clearance most 1.99 or 2.29, which is always something that I stock up on, some will go in my DD's stocking, some will go in the decorative boxes for my niece's. I did also find several note books, more like journals marked down to 1.99 which is also going in my niece boxes...

Today I am going through everything that I have... to see where I'm at...

DH and I decided to take a trip for our Christmas gift to each other... and we will just open stockings on Christmas morning.

As for the rest...

I have all the big gifts bought except for my Dad and Son in law, but I know what I am getting them so at least the hardest part is done.

My mom - is done for the most part just need a couple of stocking stuffers and that's it

DD's big gift is done, some lounge/sleep pants outfit and some basic's and I do have a couple of stocking stuffers, But I need to find a electric blanket that she has asked for and couple of gift cards, and maybe a outfit... and a new wallet.. hers is shot.

My Dad - a couple of things for his stockings... we decided to get him a TV for the bedroom, so he doesn't have to watch sports on a small TV anymore... and He always wants me to get him what he call cool shirts... and I am going to look for a nice journal for him.. he writes in one everyday...

Son-in-law - he wants a new George Foreman grill the one with heat control... they live in an apartment so this works best for them.. I have some basic's you know hanes t-shirts, and socks, I found him a Star Wars battleship game which I know he will love, and a couple of stocking stuffers/ gift cards... I will need nice shirt and T-shirt with Star Wars, or Marvel and maybe some sleep pants.

For my Sweet little grandson - I think I am close to being done with his... All I need is a Kindle Fire for Kids, and a Train set... which is harder than I thought... I don't want a Christmas themed one, so I am going to check out what's on line... Any suggestions... He will be 4 at the end of January...

Happy Shopping everyone... Lets get out and get those deals... pixiedust:

I am pretty much done! We saw our family at Thanksgiving and gave out most of our gifts already, since we won't see them at Christmas. The final tally of gifts I gave:

*DS's godfather (newly engaged)- date night gift basket as a combo Christmas/ Engagement gift.

*DS's godmother- Belle Teapot

*Numerous younger cousins- Homemade hot cocoa mix and a Frosty tag

*Mom- Candy and ornament with a pic of her and DS

* Grandma- framed photo of DS and candy

* Goddaughter (5)- Make your own jewelry kit, tsum tsum, Disney lip smacker

* goddaughter's sister (9)- decorate your own tumbler kit, tsum tsum, disney lip smacker

*niece (4)- princess purse, mini ufuffy, minnie fishing toy

*niece (2)- princess purse, mini ufuffy, aristocats tumbler

*Godson (7)- Pokemon card gift pack, slime

*Godson's sister (1)- Unicorn book, Unicorn lunchbox, Minnie and Daisy duck toys

*Cousin (also recently engaged) mugs and popcorn bucket from her wedding registry as well as cocoa, popcorn, and a bride to be compact and ring dish

*Friend (male mid twenties)- Funny t-shirt and funny socks and some candy for his road trip to visit family for Christmas

I still have two female friends to buy for while I'm in Orlando and I'm also going to look for my cousin's January birthday while I'm there. We plan on going to Citywalk one day but not into either universal Park. She's a Harry Potter fan- is there anywhere in Citywalk I can get HP stuff?

For DH (we are only doing stockings and going to Orlando for our big gift):

Some sweets, a coozy with a pic of DS on it, a Han Solo Poster, and something off his wish list. Not sure what yet.

For DS (1):

In stocking:

Oball Car, Megablocks Harold the Helicopter (from Thomas the Train show, he got the Thomas Megablocks set from his cousin for his birthday), and a board book. I do think I need one or two other little things for his stocking. When we go to Orlando next week I'll see what I can find at the Character Warehouse.

Under Tree:

Some Disney Blu Rays

Some Megablocks

Thomas the Train Look and Find book

Wooden puzzle

2 green toys trucks

small Little People Play set

Thomas the Train stuffed animal

Tiger pull along toy

star wars board book

His elf is also bringing a Little People Advent Calendar on Saturday

Such a relief to be mostly done at this point- this is my most organized Christmas ever!

Last edited:
I've pretty much gotten everyone done over the last week. I got my kids all finished except for some stocking stuffers, but that is just going to be some candy, snacks and scratch off tickets.
I have to order a gift to be delivered so I'm waiting a little longer, hoping to get a discount code to use.
Still struggling over my FIL. I want to get him tickets to a special outing but they won't be on sale for awhile and I don't know any of the dates yet either. I was thinking of making a "ticket" to gift him and then purchase the actual tickets when they do go on sale and he can pick what date works best for him.
Dh hasn't really given me the go ahead, so for now I'm not thinking about it, I'll let dh figure something out for him. Which will most likely involve a panicked dh asking me to do the ticket thing on Christmas Eve :laughing:

My in-laws did the "ticket" thing one year for us as a family gift. They already knew what they wanted to get us (baseball tickets to go as a family) but tickets weren't on sale yet. I think making a "ticket" to gift him saying you'll buy him ____ is a great idea.

The package dilemma we solved by buying a large rubbermaid tote and placing on the front porch.My husband made and laminated a sign saying "Please place packages inside tote.Thank you!"-along with the symbols for the post office,UPS and FEDEX.Could still be stolen,but you don't see the packages,so that works.

Stick a fork in me, I'm done! I finished up black friday and the main reason I did that was b/c certain items I needed were not on sale until then. My mum and her boyfriend were the last two people. Mum got : makeup from a small brand (she requested & I got a free gift for placing order on BF), a photo organizer (was on sale at Joanne's week before BF) and Marie Kondo book (like new used on amazon), an organic spice rack set (Amazon deal last week) & book on spices/health, and tile pro 2 pack (got at Target on BF to get a 20% coupon). Her boyfriend got: a giftcard to a restaurant (no discount), lindt chocolates (amazon deal last week), a flannel shirt (kohls BF deal), and smartphone sanitizer (phone soap- BF sale).

Husband and me decided to skip instead buying ourselves what we need. He bought himself a Garmin watch, finally, been talking about it for 3 years. I bought myself some sweatpants and sweatshirts to wear around the house this winter (SAHM w/ baby two arriving in Feb) and some beauty items I needed from Ulta. I also found James Allen had a sale so I bought myself two stackable rings (one was my Xmas/bday gift from two years ago but they only have sales a few times a year and I keep forgetting to order so it was an overdue gift not a new one lol). They are diamond/sapphire to mark the birth of each boy, so one is this years xmas/bday. My mum's 60th bday is in December and I had looked at a few necklaces there for her so I ordered one too. At 30% off that may have been one of the best deals honestly as this is the best sale I've seen so far.

We also bought a freezer for our basement and dishwasher from Lowe's to snag a good sale price.

I told my husband I am shopped out as we bought our first house in June and with baby 2 coming in Feb. we have had so many items we needed the list feels never ending. My goal is all major purchases done by baby 2 arrival and then I can just enjoy the newborn stage all cozy in the new house for a few months.

For presents for our kids I think I'm done. I just need to go find it all and start the wrapping.

I will need to check how I'm doing on stocking stockers.

On BF For DS I got 2 games from Best Buy with the 20% off for game unlock program and I picked up 2 cheap movies. I had SIL get him 12 Xbox gold live, it was $10 off and then she has another %15 off. And I got him cold stone gift card if you bought $30 you got $10 free.

I need something else for DH to unwrap. And I'm making him an advent box, beef jerky, peanuts, dips, sauces, hickory farm sausages, cheese, mustards, BBQ stuff for him to share with us.

I'm going to have DH bring up the tree. And I have decided on the meals for Christmas and New Years.

5 of us will see 2 movies starting dec 21, I'm going to see what the offer is to buy gift cards from there and see what the bonus is. And we wil go out to get too so again I'll check what gift card bonus they will offer. Might as well collect a bonus.

DH needs 4 more gift cards for workers. I have decided from meijers and then we will get money off groceries.

I got a $10 off $30 coupon for World Market so we went tonight and got the stocking stuffers knocked out.

Also stopped at Dollar Tree and got a few stocking stuffers — crossword puzzle books, word find books, etc

Target has 10% off “Target” gift cards today. Limit $300 per person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter