Anyone else buying before they increase the blue card minimum?

I still have not seen an official announcement of the change to 125 for blue card

The last time they increased it to 100 points on Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2019, they changed the website late on Friday, Sept. 13th. They don't give much notice, but all the webpages and the MEADS points to "not today". Honestly, the various dates reported from the guides (Sept. 30, Oct. 16, and Oct. 19) makes me wonder if it will actually happen...

We just pulled the trigger too!! Today is/was the last day according to my guide.... we were really close last year when they upped from 75. We bought at Saratoga strictly for value. Theoretically should be least risk for dues etc...

I don't know, we still have 10 days to rescind... but I feel pretty good about it. I've been wanting to get a contract since 2018... It took me these 2 years to convince my wife DVC was a good idea, and then she wanted the direct perks! Even after I got out all the spreadsheets and explained how it will take lots of perks to make up the difference... lol ... go figure. Happy wife, happy life.

I have to admit, the biggest thing for me were the intangibles... FOMO... so I guess when they build Reflections in 10 years we can at least stay there... and Riviera now - so there's that :P At least I know I'll never get denied for having a white card ... full on Magic !!!! :)

The last time they increased it to 100 points on Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2019, they changed the website late on Friday, Sept. 13th. They don't give much notice, but all the webpages and the MEADS points to "not today". Honestly, the various dates reported from the guides (Sept. 30, Oct. 16, and Oct. 19) makes me wonder if it will actually happen...

Interesting! What is/are MEADS?

Interesting! What is/are MEADS?

Membership Extra Acknowledgement and Disclosure Statement. It's a document new direct members receive to explain the direct benefits and how to qualify for them...

The website still lists 100 points for blue cards. If they really are going to change it on Oct 19, this means that they are giving no official notice.

Doesn’t seem to be anyone making decisions at the minute.....either on ROFR, Direct perks or direct minimum for blue card.
They are all AWOL

What does 'pull the latest' mean?

If they change the minimum amount to obtain a blue card, the Membership Extras policy should change as well and updated on the website. Last time, they changed the website 3 days before the change and then the MEADS 9 days after the change. I know DVD is not fully staffed, so we'll see what happens this time.

Buying 125 points direct at 220 a point is ridiculous. I guess as long as Disney gets away with it they will continue to squeeze as much cash out of their best customers .
They're trying to sell Riviera and Aulani. It has to be sold for less than another comparable (arguably superior) property nearby. It's more like "we don't really want to sell this, we'd rather sell you that, but if you insist, it's $235 a point"

Buying 125 points direct at 220 a point is ridiculous. I guess as long as Disney gets away with it they will continue to squeeze as much cash out of their best customers .

I couldn't pull the trigger at 100 direct points so this new increase will have me looking at resale!

Last edited:
After loosing 2 SSR contracts this summer to ROFR we went ahead and grabbed 100 direct last week. With a family of 5, gold APs every other year will make up the difference pretty quickly. We opted to spread costs between 2 credit cards with good rewards which lowered the out of pocket costs. So instead of our original plan of 150 resale points we ended up with 100 direct points with the blue card benefits. With a plan to add on in 2-3 years if we find these first 100 points work well for our family over the next few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter