Anyone else concerned about the crowd increase?

schumacher

Mouseketeer
I guess we all knew it would happen but, the jump from manageable crowds to what appears to be chaos on weekends and recent weekdays seems too much too soon. It appears the need to recover lost dollars outweighs the safety of guests at this point. The pictures/videos and articles over the past couple of weeks makes it look like they have opened the flood gates to guests. I know everyone wants to get out and try to feel normal but, it sure doesn't look like they are limiting attendance. I have not personally been there to experience it but, it looks like pre pandemic currently.

Cheers,

Schuey

Yes we were there last week and decided NOT to do any parks on our 8 day stay because of the increased crowds. It was a pool resort hoping extravaganza for us instead. Everyone has their own comfort zone, and I respect that, but for us the parks were way too crowded for our tastes. Last Monday we attempted to go to MK(after purposely skipping Sunday due to local crowds) and saw the crowds and just left. We decided that day it would be a resort only stay.

I was there 10 days before parks closed. It was SO crowded. I had never seen crowds like that because I plan my trips around slower times. If not for wanting to spend my birthday at Magic Kingdom, I wouldn’t have gone in March.

The way I look at it is I don’t think the crowds in November will be anything like they were in March and that makes me feel better. The one thing I’m not prepared for and haven’t wrapped my mind around is large crowds and no Fast Pass. That will irritate me. An increase in capacity should result in returning to the FP system. Anyone know why they they haven’t done it? Is it due to social distancing and having to clean the rides?

My trip starts this Saturday and I was hoping for the crowds that we saw in July. I am a bit disappointed that they are increasing, but they are still nothing like what they usually are so I am happy with that. I still think that it is possible to keep a distance from others. I also think that if the ride queues were not spaced out, that it would not look as busy. I just wish they would open up park hopping.

I think it is good news means we are getting back to normal. I hope they change the mask policy and make it a suggestion. Then WDW will start to see an increase in people going and they can start to bring back more offerings like fireworks. :)
I am hoping for this for my possible Nov trip (split with USO) A friend just got back from a week in WDW and she said in the heat with a mask all day absurd (she wears one all day at work as a hair dresser) they left the parks early 3 days bc of heat and crowds, more for annoyance than anything. IF she wasn't an AP she wouldn't have bothered.

DeterminedOne, I hear you on the Fast Pass! When I see 70 minute waits for HM, 7DMT and ToT...that's a problem with No FP! If you can go do something else and come back, that's fine but, to stand in a line with folks that don't understand social distancing (Yes, take a look on You Tube if you don't believe me) this is a disaster waiting to happen. I know Disney HAD done what appeared to be a commendable job up to a week or so ago but, what is going on right now is worrisome and disturbing. It's almost like they are trying to get shutdown again. I hope not but...

Cheers,

Schuey

DeterminedOne, I hear you on the Fast Pass! When I see 70 minute waits for HM, 7DMT and ToT...that's a problem with No FP! If you can go do something else and come back, that's fine but, to stand in a line with folks that don't understand social distancing (Yes, take a look on You Tube if you don't believe me) this is a disaster waiting to happen. I know Disney HAD done what appeared to be a commendable job up to a week or so ago but, what is going on right now is worrisome and disturbing. It's almost like they are trying to get shutdown again. I hope not but...

Cheers,

Schuey

I think they are just trying to keep the lights on and do they best they can at the same time. But sadly from a safety standpoint large crowds = more risk. Ive said this in other threads but more restaurants and attractions need to be opened to better disperse people as well as the return of FP.

We are hoping the crowd level will not increase in Nov. I actually thought that there would not be a "Jersey Week" this year due to Covid....guess we will see. We don't plan on any rides, using a UV umbrella to keep cooler and social distance better, no problem wearing a mask and hope that continues for the year, leaving the park after 2 hours and going back to resort. Since staying at YC and only going to Epcot that reduces using park transportation. Hoping for a relaxing trip this time.

Yup. We were supposed to meet friends at MK on Sunday and she texted me and said not to come because it was too crowded. We've already decided not to go to any parks except Epcot on the weekends (because we normally just go to Epcot to walk around anyway). Going to focus on trips to the Boardwalk area and resorts so we can get out of the house.

I understand that Disney needs to make money, but if they want to encourage social distancing they need to make it feasible by keeping capacity down -- or open more attractions/increase hours.

I think it is good news means we are getting back to normal. I hope they change the mask policy and make it a suggestion. Then WDW will start to see an increase in people going and they can start to bring back more offerings like fireworks. :)
Sorry, but we are not back to normal.
Florida has had a big increase in Co-Vid cases in the last few days since going to Phase 3.

Disney is taking precautions, Disney is increasing attendance because it was always going to happen. Go or Don't Go! Disney is not putting anyone at risk.
Agree with this. As far as increased lines, not as many shows to suck people out of ride lines, things like that, sure the increased crowds can be a concern. I have yet to see anything or any indication of something that would be a concern for my safety to me.

Agree with this. As far as increased lines, not as many shows to suck people out of ride lines, things like that, sure the increased crowds can be a concern. I have yet to see anything or any indication of something that would be a concern for my safety to me.
that combined with no character lines - that sucked up a lot more groupings, esp families, prior to all of this. you don't realize how certain things help/add to bottlenecking

Reminds me of the Yogi Berra quote, "No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded. " LOL!!

So some people are NOT wanting to go cause it's too crowded, but obviously all those folks going are NOT concerned with crowds otherwise it wouldn't be so crowded. LOL!!! We go in 2 months and expect crowds to keep increasing. My only concerns are solely logistical in nature, ride capacity and restaurant capacity (including opening MORE of them to spread the load out). Also as crowds return to more normal levels then Disney needs to reinstitute normal practices such as FP and shows as well.

From a "safety" viewpoint........couldn't be less worried. If I was worried about such things going to the BUSIEST THEME PARK ON THE PLANET wouldn't be the smartest thing to do in the first place.

It's all perception. I have gone to each park at least once since the re-open, and yes, it is obvious that there are more people at the parks currently than earlier in the summer. I have also gone to Universal 5 or 6 times (and Volcano Bay) so I feel I'm able to make a good comparison. This past Sunday at MK, it was very manageable. We got in the park at 9:00 and went right to 7DMT, where the line started across from the entrance to Little Mermaid (wait time said 50 minutes). We were off the ride in 41 minutes. Went to Space - line said 45 minutes and was winding all over Tomorrowland - off the ride in 26 minutes. Went to HM - line said 45 and went down along the dock by Steamboat. Off the ride in 22 minutes. Went to BTMR - line said 40 minutes, off the ride in 13 miuntes. Pirates line said 65 and started by Jungle Cruise - off the ride in 35 minutes. Mobile Ordered for Cosmic Cafe - tables available both inside and outside at 12:40. finished lunch and did Race cars - waited 8 minutes. We left around 2:00. Social Distancing markers are even in place in the extended lines, and people respect the lines. Labor Day weekend - we stayed at Universal (RPR) and all 3 parks closed to capacity each day. I don't believe any parks at WDW have closed due to capacity. As Yulilin has repeatedly said - rope drop and then the last 3 - 4 hours are your best friend, and wait times are not necessarily accurate.

So some people are NOT wanting to go cause it's too crowded, but obviously all those folks going are NOT concerned with crowds otherwise it wouldn't be so crowded.

For us, I'm not sure if we would have gone with increased crowds or not. We got back 1.5-2 weeks ago. Crowds increased after labor day. When we went I couldn't tell was that an actual pattern, or just something that happened after labor day and would drop back down. Not to mention last minute cancellations (airlines aren't all as cooperative about that as they were in the height of things) aren't always feasible. We did leave parks early or left during busy times and simply gave up on HS because it was awful. Queues wrapped everywhere, out in the sun, with very high wait times and people that don't care about distancing.

Personally, I would be comfortable enough to allow for mask removal outside if people would stay moderately distanced. Put them on inside or in queues. But they don't. People are happy to crowd up on you, bump into you, etc. Very agreed with the posters thinking more dining options need to open!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter