Anyone else concerned about the crowd increase?

I was at MK this am, rope dropped by driving into ttc at 8:10, was at MK by 8:25, it was empty this morning, walked on to PP, Pooh, Buzz and Carpets no lines, saw 3 cavalcades and left at 11:30am. There are plenty of just back reports on that specific thread

Has it been indicated whether the parks are near capacity all the time now? Just wondering since we are booked for the week after Christmas, and we're used to late August. If they don't increase the limits before then, would the crowds be close to what they're at now?
you know when the park is at capacity when there are no more park passes that day for any of the tiers, that has only happened a couple of weekends and mostly only for DHS

I was at MK this am, rope dropped by driving into ttc at 8:10, was at MK by 8:25, it was empty this morning, walked on to PP, Pooh, Buzz and Carpets no lines, saw 3 cavalcades and left at 11:30am. There are plenty of just back reports on that specific thread

We just got back from a twelve day trip about a week ago. I had be seeing your regular posts on the boards about lines before I left and they were pretty accurate as far as what I experienced while there. We arrived at "early" opening each day. Got on a number of rides very quickly every day and throughout the day lines varied. Some lines look very long from social distance but actually moved pretty good. Was shocked how short the line for TSMM is nowadays. That's still one of my fav's, it's interactive! :wave2:

Last edited:

Was there last week and ITA bout the lines moving quickly.

The crowds were fine everywhere except HS seemed to have lines everywhere and long ones except at the Disney Jr. dance party area. Never felt uncomfortable or like the crowds were too much.

Was shocked how short the line for TSMM is nowadays. That's still one of my fav's, it's interactive! :wave2:
Sorry about the :offtopic: question, but I'm curious. Both times we rode TSMM last month, I momentarily caught a glimpse of Mr. Potato Head, but the line didn't actually go past him.

I understand that he might not be interacting with guests because of COVID, but can he still make "canned" remarks?

Was he still operating before COVID? Was the line re-routed once the entrance was moved or was that a recent change?

Sorry about the :offtopic: question, but I'm curious. Both times we rode TSMM last month, I momentarily caught a glimpse of Mr. Potato Head, but the line didn't actually go past him.

I understand that he might not be interacting with guests because of COVID, but can he still make "canned" remarks?

Was he still operating before COVID? Was the line re-routed once the entrance was moved or was that a recent change?
He was talking last night and we walked past him, but TSMM was a walk on at that point so didn't get to observe too much. If I had to guess he was not interacting but making jokes. I heard the mustache/salesman one as I walked by.

I really don't know. This year we didn't really get close to him, but I thought remembered hearing his voice as we walked through. He just wasn't interacting like prior poster said. But I'm pretty sure last summer (2019), he was working then.

When I was there two weeks ago he was talking and did say something to me (my sister told me) as we stopped briefly but then continued to walk. As we walked though I could hear him talking behind us.

I think I may have figured out the Potato Head mystery. My wife was riding in an ECV and, if I recall, they have to send us to a specific track to avoid stairs. Perhaps the split for that line occurs before the queue for the other tracks goes past Potato Head?

In February, we walked through the TSMM standby queue at Rope Drop and at EEMH, riding different tracks and only taking the stairs the second time. Both times the split occurred after walking past Mr. Potato Head. That’s not to say that things haven’t changed since then.
I think I may have figured out the Potato Head mystery. My wife was riding in an ECV and, if I recall, they have to send us to a specific track to avoid stairs. Perhaps the split for that line occurs before the queue for the other tracks goes past Potato Head?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter