Anyone else concerned about the crowd increase?

I hope so, we're going Nov 9-17 and are hoping for slightly reduced crowds. We'll have to deal with Veterans Day and one weekend day in the parks but we're staying optimistic. The last time we went was our honeymoon and our flight got cancelled due to hurricane Irma. Luckily we were able to get there the next day and dealt with reduced crowds but also some closed attractions and the pool at Animal Kingdom Lodge was closed for a couple days.

We'll be there the same time - not as long. We are skipping parks on Veterans Day (resort time/pool), and going to parks Thurs/Fri/Sun. Hopefully no hurricanes!! Thankfully, that season should mostly have passed.

According to DW, the line outside of the pavilion had a castmember with a sign saying the line for Soarin' starts here. I was already inside, because I never left after we road Soarin' - I stayed to eat at Seasons. So when she tried to come in the building just to meet me, she was told that even if she wasn't riding Soarin' she still had to wait in the line until she was inside the building. DW said the castmember said it was a 5-7 minute wait to get inside.

Curious but what if someone had an ADR at GG, that seems silly to not allow people in the building as Soarin' is hardly the only thing inside The Land Pavilion. But that's just me applying that pesky logic to things.

Curious but what if someone had an ADR at GG, that seems silly to not allow people in the building as Soarin' is hardly the only thing inside The Land Pavilion. But that's just me applying that pesky logic to things.

It sounds like the line was to make sure the whole building didn't exceed capacity requirements. I assume the building has some overall capacity limit- say, 2,000- which includes everyone at the rides, resturants, etc., and so when they get close to the magic number, they start the line. If there's castmembers at the entrance/exit with the counter app noting the number of people entering/exiting, that should confirm this theory. I haven't encountered this line at the Land specifically, but have seen it at the new F+W tent area, gift shops, etc.

It sounds like the line was to make sure the whole building didn't exceed capacity requirements. I assume the building has some overall capacity limit- say, 2,000- which includes everyone at the rides, resturants, etc., and so when they get close to the magic number, they start the line. If there's castmembers at the entrance/exit with the counter app noting the number of people entering/exiting, that should confirm this theory. I haven't encountered this line at the Land specifically, but have seen it at the new F+W tent area, gift shops, etc.
Correct.

Day 1 at the World and we are at HS today. We left the Swan at 8:30 and got to HS at 8:45 and there was a line of about 40 people. Once they opened up the security lines around 9:05 we where through and to our first ride and on the ride at 9:15. I felt very safe and everyone is following the rules. So far so good in my opinion. We have done 4 rides by 10:10 and have boarding group 8. So glad we didn’t let the fear get to us.
Official opening time was 10?

Day 1 at the World and we are at HS today. We left the Swan at 8:30 and got to HS at 8:45 and there was a line of about 40 people. Once they opened up the security lines around 9:05 we where through and to our first ride and on the ride at 9:15. I felt very safe and everyone is following the rules. So far so good in my opinion. We have done 4 rides by 10:10 and have boarding group 8. So glad we didn’t let the fear get to us.
Was one of your rides MMRR?

Was one of your rides MMRR?

No we did that after lunch around 3:30. We waited in line for 79 minutes for it. The line keep moving and honestly I didn’t even notice that it took that long. We where at HS again today and did the exact same thing except after getting boarding group 26 for Rise we went to Smugglers run and got on in 20 minutes and then over to Muppets and Star Tours and then MMRR and waited 50 minutes this time.

I’m going to start issue warnings. Please stick to the topic of crowds and stick to posting guidelines found in the pinned post.
And here https://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm
Once again, since you only delete and don't actually respond:
Do you mind telling me what the OP was referring to in the comment "It appears the need to recover lost dollars outweighs the safety of guests at this point."? And how talking about Covid, since they referenced it in literally the first post, is off topic? Would be happy to read any clarification. Thanks!

Once again, since you only delete and don't actually respond:
Do you mind telling me what the OP was referring to in the comment "It appears the need to recover lost dollars outweighs the safety of guests at this point."? And how talking about Covid, since they referenced it in literally the first post, is off topic? Would be happy to read any clarification. Thanks!

Please read the DIS guidelines before you post again.

July and August were like ghost towns at Disney. People were few and far between. Attractions were walk up. Then in September, the crowds picked up. Lines got long.

Many thought the reason for the increase was Disney allowing more guests. But, I believe if was Bob Chapek, who publicly announced that they have not changed their capacity limits. Instead it is an increase in consumer confidence.

Disney is doing a great job on their part with safety. There is a risk going anywhere in a pandemic.

Personally, I feel safer at Disney than going to the grocery store since masks are not required in my county.

But someone else may not feel safe. That’s up to whoever is planning or canceling a trip.

Any thoughts on the impact of Veterans day? It's a Wednesday and we were planning to be in MK that day but now I am second guessing and thinking we should move it to Thursday? Then again I don't know that one single day midweek holiday is that much to worry over.

Any thoughts on the impact of Veterans day? It's a Wednesday and we were planning to be in MK that day but now I am second guessing and thinking we should move it to Thursday? Then again I don't know that one single day midweek holiday is that much to worry over.
I wouldn't worry about it. It might lead to a small pop of more locals, maybe. But 2020-2021 attendance numbers are going to be very hard to predict, since we can't use historical attendance numbers to make an educated guess.

Today was my Epcot day. Crowd seems pretty small but very congested because of the construction and many things closed. I am in the middle of an 8 day trip and glad I am only choosing Epcot for 1 of those days. We rode everything. Frozen first at a 20 min wait, followed by Test track with a 20 minute wait. We entered International Gateway at 10:30. After now entering all the parks I will say I am very satisfied with how they handle entering the parks. We have another trip scheduled in February and I really want to come but not sure if I will not because I don’t feel safe but because of the park hopper and the ability to buy an AP now with these tickets. I continue to and will continue to tell people that ask me that I as a high risk person feel 100 percent safe at Disney. I will update that statement 2 weeks from Saturday though if I catch something

Has it been indicated whether the parks are near capacity all the time now? Just wondering since we are booked for the week after Christmas, and we're used to late August. If they don't increase the limits before then, would the crowds be close to what they're at now?

Anyone have crowd predictions for net week? We'll be in HS on Thursday and MK on Friday. I'll be happy to share my experiences, I'm just wondering what we can expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter