Anyone else down with Influenza B? Strange time of year!

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed recently and is in bed with Influenza B?:sick: Have been told that there has been a delay this year in Influenza and it is on the rise now. Good thing is I got Flu Shot in October since Doc said that the duration and intensity would be much worse without flu shot, plus within 24 hours of not feeling well went to Urgent Care and started Tamiflu. CAN'T WAIT for our May trip...wish we were in SUNNY Orlando now! :sunny::goodvibes

Just wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed recently and is in bed with Influenza B?:sick: Have been told that there has been a delay this year in Influenza and it is on the rise now. Good thing is I got Flu Shot in October since Doc said that the duration and intensity would be much worse without flu shot, plus within 24 hours of not feeling well went to Urgent Care and started Tamiflu. CAN'T WAIT for our May trip...wish we were in SUNNY Orlando now! :sunny::goodvibes

Ha, just seeing your post. I've been posting on the main community board about the difference between cold and flu. I got hit very suddenly yesterday with a fever, aches, etc. Within about 4 hours of having that fever, I went to urgent care thinking I'd like to know if it's the flu. I swabbed negative but the doctor said I may be too early and gave me Tamiflu. I probably won't take it because it does have side effects and I think I would have tested positive if I had the flu as you actually do start to shed the flu in your nose before you even feel sick.

What were your symptoms (and I hope you're better now!!).

Ha, just seeing your post. I've been posting on the main community board about the difference between cold and flu. I got hit very suddenly yesterday with a fever, aches, etc. Within about 4 hours of having that fever, I went to urgent care thinking I'd like to know if it's the flu. I swabbed negative but the doctor said I may be too early and gave me Tamiflu. I probably won't take it because it does have side effects and I think I would have tested positive if I had the flu as you actually do start to shed the flu in your nose before you even feel sick.

What were your symptoms (and I hope you're better now!!).
Started with a dry hacking cough, which progressed very quickly in intensity. Strangest cough I have ever had, almost "gagging" at the end of every cough. Body aches, fever, sore throat...VERY SUDDEN onset. On a Friday night was totally fine..Sat morning woke up with a "slight cough" and it progressed with intensity..by Sat evening, didn't sleep much coughed all night. Sun morning at urgent care by 10AM...SO GLAD that I went on Tamiflu..by Tuesday morning, fever had broke and by then Tamiflu started making me feel better..Back to work on Thursday, but if I could have I should have stayed out all week, but couldn't. Friday was a better day and today is even better. Again, Tamiflu is not effective if taken AFTER 48 hours of initial symptoms, that is what Dr. had told me...Also, helped duration and intensity since I had the flu shot in October..One other person from my office was diagnosed with the flu same day as me, 4 others had HACKING coughs(one diagnosed with bronchitis), 3 others are nursing themselves...Big mistake, since 2 of us tested positive for the flu, the other 3 should go to a doc to at least get evaluated. HOPE THAT you are feeling better.:goodvibes::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter