Anyone else like to take their time with TS Meals @ Disney?

Haha!! I will drink one for you, or maybe two! Actually in addition to wine my favorite drink in Epcot is the grand marnier slushie! Probably very bad spelling. Soooo good!!

There are certain must-dos for us. We always eat breakfast one morning at Cinderella's castle. DD insists on one dinner at Crystal Palace. California Grill has become a repeat for us. 'Ohana breakfast is a tradition, and we are trying dinner this time. We do a TS restaurant at least once a day, sometimes twice. Most lunches will consist of protein shakes and a snack by the pool because we love our afternoon pool time, and we can't really handle three big meals a day.

But when we do eat TS, it's special, and we take our time making the most of it.

Haha!! I will drink one for you, or maybe two! Actually in addition to wine my favorite drink in Epcot is the grand marnier slushie! Probably very bad spelling. Soooo good!!
I’ll have to get one & have a few sips, I’m sure DH will love it!

We usually book 2 TS per day: breakfast and dinner. We don't typically eat 3 meals a day even at home. We love to take our time over food. Most vacations are planned around food. We don't believe that meals are supposed to be consumed a warp speed; they're meant to be savoured, to enjoy company, to relax, to take your time to enjoy. It's a key part of a vacation.

We usually book 2 TS per day: breakfast and dinner. We don't typically eat 3 meals a day even at home. We love to take our time over food. Most vacations are planned around food. We don't believe that meals are supposed to be consumed a warp speed; they're meant to be savoured, to enjoy company, to relax, to take your time to enjoy. It's a key part of a vacation.
I agree and so does my family!

We spend a lot of time planning our meals. We usually do a QS for lunch but then enjoy TS in the evening, usually a signature dining. We often will spend 1 1/2 to 2 hours for the evening meal, taking our time and enjoying the experience.

We always linger and enjoy our mealtimes whether TS or CS. We never book more than 1 TS per day - way too much food for us, then usually will get 1-2 snacks, or a sandwich. We enjoy the ambiance of the parks as much as the rides, and 3 TSs would also take up too much time.

I have family members with food allergies so we usually have 3 TS per day. We find the time spent for lunch and dinner is when we relax and recharge.

We take our time. We have 3 small children who love the characters and that is a big part of the vacation for them. Therefore, many of our TS meals are character meals which take time. We also like to relax at the end of the day and enjoy a nice meal together. We usually do QS for breakfast or lunch, and snacks in between with a TS meal for dinner. That's why we always get the DDP - it works perfectly with what we would eat anyway and with all the character meals we never lose money.

We rarely do 2 TS meals a day much less 3. That's just way way too much food for us and I like to eat! We will do at least 1 TS every day and take our time. 45min - 1 hour at most.

yes! im tired lol. to me the parks are just a venue for somewhere to be. im okay with 2-3 rides a day.

We have always enjoyed the food at Disney and usually eat at least one TS meal a day. It's just too much food for us to eat even two TS a day and 3 would kill me. We do linger over our meals though, even if we are just eating QS or snacking instead of eating a formal meal. WDW has never been all about the rides for us, it's more about the place itself.

We book a table service dinner every night of trip. Dinner should be long enough to enjoy a cocktail and a glass of wine. Or two glasses of wine. Or two cocktails....you get the picture.

I dislike when we are in and out of a restaurant for dinner in 45 minutes. Anywhere.

We don't really tend to linger over TS meals; when we want to just relax we typically head to either Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar or Nomad's Lounge and order a few appetizers and have a bottle of wine or a few drinks. In general we prefer to share a few appetizers or split an entree instead of each getting a full meal so the bars and lounges at WDW are perfect spots for us. We always feel like it's much easier to linger at the bars and lounges than at TS restaurants (we often eat at the bar at the TS restaurants) because there isn't someone with an ADR waiting on our table. Part of the rush at TS places is that, for better or worse, WDW only allocates a short period of time for each table to complete their meal so the CMs try to get you in and out ASAP. I wouldn't be very happy if I had to wait for an hour for my ADR because people were purposely lingering over their meal. With that said, we don't rush through our meal and there are certain places we have chosen not to go back to because of how quickly they try to get you out the door (I'm talking to you 'Ohana). Since it's typically just my hubby and I when we head to WDW now, we do find that we spend a lot more time just hanging out somewhere on property enjoying our time together as opposed to racing around trying to do a bunch of rides.

Seeing as your family has specific dietary needs, I can understand the need for TS meals so can feel more comfortable knowing the chef personally made sure the the meal is safe for consumption, but since you're asking for additional feedback, I'd never spend that much time sitting down to eat food when I'm paying that much money to be in WDW. I definitely think one table service a day is fair, because at some point you do need to sit down and just take a minute to rest up and recoup. I think TS's take up way too much valuable time. That's just my two cents.

TS dining is a huge part of your vacation, we eat 2 - 3 TS a day, but I would not say it is more of a focus than the attractions, they are still most important to me. My 10yo DS has always been a great restaurant eater so it leaves me lost of options because I know he'll enjoy the time to just chill a bit. We don't linger that much though, we are both fast eaters and I would say most of our TS are comfortably finished in an hour, maybe up to 75 minutes if it's a busier character meal. To me, that's the perfect length of time to take a break, rest the feet, cool off and recharge so we're ready for the fun attractions.

For my DH and I dining is as much a part of our Disney experience as the attractions. We enjoy 2 TS meals a day. It’s nice to get a break from the park and sit and eat a relaxing meal. There’s no right or wrong answer. It’s about you and your family doing what you enjoy.

I like to eat our way around disney but we can't do 3 TS meals on our trips in the interest of money and time. My girls are not as easily intrigued as they once were and would prefer being out and about than eating every meal with an ADR. I would rather only do one TS meal/day at this time since our trips to disney are never very long so we always have to maximize our park time, not our food time. If/when we do a trip longer than 3 or 4 days, maybe we'll linger more but we do try to stick with one or no ADRs to keep our food costs down. Everyone does disney different and that's to enjoy the time the chefs take with ya'll for food allergies too, I've always heard really good things about the individual attention they give to guests to accommodate.

I don't mind taking the time as it is costing so much $ and we need breaks.

However....3!!!!! I don't think I could possibly fit in that much food or time. It seems it'd be hard to get in 1 ride or show or whatever in between each meal!!

We usually do 1 per day. We may try 2 this trip. My fav is doing an early afternoon lunch and then a dessert party. The cheese and crackers and sweets are enough if we've had a 2 o'clock ish TS ressie and eaten well and certainly if we had a QS breakfast and not just cereal / granola for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter