Anyone else NOT receive notification about Jambo Pool refurbishment?

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
Had SEVERAL conversations with MS probably about 3 weeks ago at least regarding the Jambo Pool refurbishment. Booked Jambo 10 months ago in December for October F&W trip.
They said I "will be getting notification" soon.:confused::confused3 They said that DVC is not responsible for sending out notifications, that the notification letters come directly from Jambo. If it wasn't for this forum, I still would not be aware. VERY POOR customer service from DVC and treatment of members, imo.
Anyone else not receive notification letter in mail yet for upcoming trip? DISAPPOINTED!:(:(

We booked at 11 months and did not receive any notification. I found out on these boards as well and after that sent DVC an e-mail and they confirmed for me that the pool was closing. I am honestly not surprised. In my opinion, this is one of the downsides to DVC. You give up your bargaining power. They know you have committed so they really do not have to treat you the same way they do to someone who pays cash year to year. Don't get me wrong, I think the upsides to DVC outweigh the downsides, but I think anyone contemplating DVC really needs to appreciate the downsides because there are some for sure.

We just stayed at OKW in April. About 1-2 months prior they sent a letter stating Turtle pond pool would be closed for refurb. But we knew from the forums it would be closed earlier. You should get a notice soon.

We spend half day by pool when we travel, not in parks all day. DVC is most likely aware of refurb schedule a year in advance. Be more transparent,, post the information when booking on line, and send out notification to members much more than 1 to 2 months in advance, so if a pool is an important component of making a resort decision, you would know before making the reservation and losing out on the opportunity to make a change at 7 months.. Depending on yome of year, the chances of changing a reservation are so slim if notified after the 7 month mark.::yes::

No notice for us. We booked a 2 night standard in a 1 br. at Jambo for 11/29 & 11/30 right at 11 months and a 2 br. standard at Jambo for 12/1-8 also right at 11 months. If I had known I would have opted for savanna view and possibly gone w/ Kidani, or gone a week later in Dec. or I might have gone w/ our VGF contract this year instead. But I didn’t know and now we’re stuck w/ what we have.

No notice for us. We booked a 2 night standard in a 1 br. at Jambo for 11/29 & 11/30 right at 11 months and a 2 br. standard at Jambo for 12/1-8 also right at 11 months. If I had known I would have opted for savanna view and possibly gone w/ Kidani, or gone a week later in Dec. or I might have gone w/ our VGF contract this year instead. But I didn’t know and now we’re stuck w/ what we have.
"I hear you", just wish DVC did. Agreed, most of us would have made different decisions unfortunately. ::yes::

THANKS for your replys!:goodvibes HOPE that the Kidani Pool is not that crowded for all of you and that the room renovation at Jambo Hotel side(I think) is not very disruptive. :scratchin
Thanks DIS for the heads up!!!:disrocks:::yes::

We're not DVC, but we have a pool-view room at Jambo booked. Check-in date is December 11th. We've heard nothing from WDW.

I think you fall outside of the pool construction window
I hope so for you. If not, if u booked through Disney, I have read that they are accommodating changes, UNLIKE DVC. I would have been happy with a change to a resort room, deluxe, just DS and me. So INFLEXIBLE, really? They told me they would be "happy" to book me in a,deluxe resort room for a lot of extra points! NO, thanks for nothing, ridiculous!:P>:(

We were booked 2nd week in Dec but WL for first week @ Jambo

Saw Kidani open on RAT for 1st week & snagged it. After reading above posts perhaps we’ll get lucky & pool rehab will be done early?

Anyway, no email received.

It's being reported the pool is supposed to reopen 12/5. We are going to be there at the end of November and didn't receive any notification. We stayed at the BW during refurb. and didn't receive notification until about 1 month before our trip.

It's being reported the pool is supposed to reopen 12/5. We are going to be there at the end of November and didn't receive any notification. We stayed at the BW during refurb. and didn't receive notification until about 1 month before our trip.
DVC NEEDS to do better than 1 month notification, o_OThats horrible for trip planning, provide members with better customer service than that! :scared1:

staying at akv savanna view nov 18-24 no notice .would have not booked at akv or definitely not the savanna view ,because now we do not plan to spend as time at a resort that has no (not at our resort have to go to kidani which will be very crowded .)pool.

Another one that didn't receive an email.

Our stay is September 9-17.

And I am pretty bummed that we haven't been notified.
Will be notified by letter postal mail, not e mail.

staying at akv savanna view nov 18-24 no notice .would have not booked at akv or definitely not the savanna view ,because now we do not plan to spend as time at a resort that has no (not at our resort have to go to kidani which will be very crowded .)pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter