Anyone else NOT receive notification about Jambo Pool refurbishment?

No notification here either. We're staying there on our honeymoon and only found out via the forum. We're booked in a Standard Deluxe Studio so I'm bummed out. Thinking of switching but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

No notification here either. We're staying there on our honeymoon and only found out via the forum. We're booked in a Standard Deluxe Studio so I'm bummed out. Thinking of switching but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
What month are you staying and is ANYTHING else available? If it were me, I would "pull the trigger" soon and explore any possible available options. CONGRATS in advance!:dance3: Hope you have an awesome honeymoon!:cheer2::love:

We are staying at Jambo from September 23-October 4. The plan was to spend a large amount of time at the pool. I've been trying to switch for some of the days but with no success so far. As others have said, I wish I had known at seven months. Sometimes it feels like we aren't really important, since they already have our DVC money. Sigh.

Agreed. We have a Poly contract but managed to snag a concierge studio for the last 2 nights of our stay in October. Our thought was hubby could “work from home” by the pool or in the room (or in the lounge on check out day). We could use the Kidani pool, but I am afraid it will be packed and a pain to get to. Kind upsetting. We would have gone for more nights at poly or maybe a bay lake room if we had known about the pool. :(

Nope, no letter/email/notifcation for us, either. We booked in March for our late October stay, 1bedroom Jambo. :worried:

Had SEVERAL conversations with MS probably about 3 weeks ago at least regarding the Jambo Pool refurbishment. Booked Jambo 10 months ago in December for October F&W trip.
They said I "will be getting notification" soon.:confused::confused3 They said that DVC is not responsible for sending out notifications, that the notification letters come directly from Jambo. If it wasn't for this forum, I still would not be aware. VERY POOR customer service from DVC and treatment of members, imo.
Anyone else not receive notification letter in mail yet for upcoming trip? DISAPPOINTED!:(:(
They did the same to us a few years ago at the old VWL. We booked at 11 months and found out about the main pool rehab about 4 months
before the trip. My wife was not happy and all we got was a "sorry" from Disney. We were given permission to use Contemporary's pool
during the trip, but didn't want to take the boat over to swim. The smaller (DVC) pool still open but was really crowded due to the main pool closure.
I do agree Disney and DVC need to be more upfront with their guests because we would have booked another property at 7 months had we known.

I just found out as well from checking out this board. Taking daughter and family (5 and 4 y.o,) on Dec. 1-8th-so MAYBE it will be open at the end of our trip. We went a few years ago in November with the other grandkids and they only went to the pool a couple of times during the week - and who knows about the weather in December. We are renting points, so no way to change. I think with our plans of parks every day, there wouldn't be much pool time anyway. It is very disappointing, however.

I just found out as well from checking out this board. Taking daughter and family (5 and 4 y.o,) on Dec. 1-8th-so MAYBE it will be open at the end of our trip. We went a few years ago in November with the other grandkids and they only went to the pool a couple of times during the week - and who knows about the weather in December. We are renting points, so no way to change. I think with our plans of parks every day, there wouldn't be much pool time anyway. It is very disappointing, however.
Hopefully you will be lucky and refurb of pool wI'll be finished.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter