Anyone ever Do a Hilton Grand Vacations Stay and Tour Deal???

Erica Ladd

DIS Veteran
I bought one over a year ago and they kept pushing out the deadline because of, ya know. It’s 3 nights at Tuscany village or Las Palmeras - opinions? Is the tour awful? Is it really 2 hours or will we be held captive?!??!

I'm an owner with HGVC at a different location. The tour won't be awful, but it will be a test of your patience. Chances are high that they will try to run over two hours. I recommend that about the time that you meet your sales person initially you say something like, "so the two hours is starting now, correct?" Keep track of the time, and when your two hours is up, say so. They will keep going with the presentation if you don't point out the time. And whatever you do, don't buy anything!

HGVC tours are VERY high pressure with a lot of ‘buy now as this price goes away today’ nonsense - I would count on 3hrs - there’s a lot of ‘Let me go check this’ or ‘Let me bring my manager in to talk to you’ which can add a lot of time...

We did it in pre-covid times and it was totally worth it. We said no, explained why, and they were respectful... But also right at the 2 hour mark, I had 1 kid that just pooped his diaper and another that needed to be nursed (oh the joys of traveling with little ones!), so they were probably ready to be rid of us! They offered us to do another tour/presentation again, so we took them up on the offer and it will likely in April (was supposed to be done by February, but we were able to push it out due to pandemic). Do you have to stay in one of those 2 locations? We did our 3 night stay at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista that is walking distance from Disney Springs. Hoping to stay at the HGV property by Sea World this time.

I did a lot of number-crunching about our vacation habits, so I had numbers to show it didn't make sense for us to buy in at the time, so I think they knew they couldn't convince us. Or maybe we just lucked out with a non-pushy sales rep.

I bought one over a year ago and they kept pushing out the deadline because of, ya know. It’s 3 nights at Tuscany village or Las Palmeras - opinions? Is the tour awful? Is it really 2 hours or will we be held captive?!??!
In my opinion, sitting thru a timeshare sales pitch in exchange for a discounted room rate is NOT worth my valuable vacation time. Here's an idea. Join TUG and learn how to buy on resale market. If you aren't interested in owning, then just learn how to rent from an owner. Redweek is my go to place for that. You can also use SkyAuction.com for some very discounted room rates. It seems you have already bought a discounted stay with a required tour. Just sit thru the presentation and say no. Just don't fall for their sales pitch. You can buy on resale for thousands less. Good luck.

We did it in pre-covid times and it was totally worth it. We said no, explained why, and they were respectful... But also right at the 2 hour mark, I had 1 kid that just pooped his diaper and another that needed to be nursed (oh the joys of traveling with little ones!), so they were probably ready to be rid of us! They offered us to do another tour/presentation again, so we took them up on the offer and it will likely in April (was supposed to be done by February, but we were able to push it out due to pandemic). Do you have to stay in one of those 2 locations? We did our 3 night stay at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista that is walking distance from Disney Springs. Hoping to stay at the HGV property by Sea World this time.

I did a lot of number-crunching about our vacation habits, so I had numbers to show it didn't make sense for us to buy in at the time, so I think they knew they couldn't convince us. Or maybe we just lucked out with a non-pushy sales rep.
I think if you travel at least once a year and have a young family, timeshare ownership may prove valuable to you. In fact, it may be more useful than you think. My suggestion is to join TUG and learn about the resale market. I don't know what your travel budget is, but if you have young children, I assume your travel will eventually be limited to school vacation calendars. Before you say it doesn't make sense to own, go to TUG and see if it CAN make sense. Hilton was probably offering something along the lines of thousands of dollars. Go to eBay and look at all those timeshares for sale for only $1. They are NOT scams and it is easy to find out who are good reputable sellers. Also, if you were staying at Hilton LBV hotel, why were you attending a HGVC presentation without staying at HGVC. That is already an "unfair disadvantage". Staying in a hotel and selling their timeshare where you aren't staying? I hope if you are going to sit thru another timeshare presentation, you will at least be staying at the timeshare and seeing, and enjoying the amenities in person.

We requested Hilton LBV because of the location, but hope to stay in the SeaWorld HGV next time.
We own an RV and use discounts for when we do hotel stays, so the maintenance fees of some timeshares would be equal to what we spend on lodging for a week's vacation. My husband had signed us up for the initial promotional package and we agreed to do the second one because they were offering a 4 night stay for next to nothing. I know some people enjoy their timeshares and I thought maybe we might reconsider timeshare ownership, but the covid pandemic and closures have convinced me to say no again.

Yes we did the stay and tour at Parc Soleil in early 2019, we were previously DVC owners and were looking for a different timeshare option, we decided to join on even years only, two bedroom at Las Palmeras aka 5000 points every even year. So far we have loved our membership, we had an amazing stay last summer on Marco Island at the Sunset Cove Resort, we have Marco booked again for next summer at The Eagle's Nest Resort, we have stayed at all of the Orlando properties and love them all. Although the points come in even years, I have more than enough to travel in the odd years as well, but only have to pay maintenance in the even years!! I have filmed room tours of the Three Bedroom Villa at Tuscany Village and also a complete resort tour of our stay at Marco Island!! If anyone would like to see, go to my youtube, supersuperwendy :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter