Anyone ever try Xenical?

Yes I have tried it......first of all it is VERY VERY Expensive and most insurance companys will not cover weight (how the heck do you spell lose? Loose...losse?? Is that right??) loose drugs. Its a little over $100 per month. I didn't like it at all. First of all I stayed on it about 2 months. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about when I say it can be a mess!! I actually only lost maybe 5 pounds...it just didn't work well for me.

On the other hand I started Adipex which is a form of Phentarimine (But its not the Phen-Fen combo that was so dangerous) about a month ago and am doing wonderfully!! I could go on and on. It lessens my appetite and speeds up my metabolism so I actually feel like doing things.....excersise etc. Last night I was able to pull my shorts off without unzipping or unbuttoning them and they were skin tight when I started the diet. I'm also watching what I eat and counting calories so that after I get off the meds I will have taught myself whats healthy to eat!

Again I could go on and on.....if you have any specific questions I will be glad to try and help you...just pm me! But overall I wouldn't suggest the Xenical its to expensive and to many side effects and then you don't loose very much weight.

Suffice it to say if my insurance does not cover Xenical, I'm not lasting too long on it. My doctor said it's definitely for medical reasons (I have high blood pressure) and she would support me in that venue if the insurance refuses to cover it.

I wanted to try Meridia, but I can't take it because it interacts with another medication I'm on. I loved Fen-phen and would go back on it in a heartbeat (no pun intended).

I take Paxil also and Synthroid......the Paxil is for Anxiety and the Synthroid is for my underactive Thyroid. There have been some talk about Paxil and Adipex but nothing concrete. I only take 1/2 of the pill per day and it is doing wonders. I am 31 and when I went to my Dr. my blood pressure was 137/92 I think which isn't super super high but its definatly getting there. My colesteral was 215 which again is only 15 points high, but its getting there. All of the major things brought on by weight are starting for me. I was NOT diabetic nor boarderling YET but my Dr. said if the weight doesn't come off he can almost bet me I will be a type 2 Diabetic within 5 years.

So.....I think that the unknown or slight risks associated with Paxil/Adipex are worth it when you compare them to the risks I will have if I don't loose the weight. I have probably at least 130 pounds that I would like to get off.....but heck even 50 pounds right now would make a HUGE difference and with the Adipex I can actually see that the whole 130 is possible!

In the state of Mississippi a doctor is only allowed to give you a 2 month RX for Adipex because as you probably know it can be habit forming.....however, and I'm not telling anyone to do this or what to do, BUT you can order the Xenical, Phenterimine, Adipex, etc. online. I haven't done it because my doctor said once he had given me the 2 month supply he would have his associate give me another 2 months if the medicine seemed to be working for me....which it is!

In my opinion you just have to weigh the risks.....even though the Xenical doesn't have any large risks the simple truth is everyone that I know that has taken it just hasn't shown any progress.

Good Luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter