Anyone ever use National's EA out of Tampa?

treloarf

DIS Veteran
We have booked a standard car from Tampa to go to Orlando the day after Thanksgiving for 5 of us from National. But just found out another family member is going (MIL). Has anyone had experience with what types of cars they may to choose from their EA at that time of year. I've just started with National & have never used the EA. But I would definitely need a bigger car for 6. Thanks.

In the past, a standard and full size were the same price. Why don't you book a full size, then you can be sure to get at least a full size. Maybe you will get lucky and the will have something bigger on the aisle, if not then you can go to the full size aisle and pick from there.

I've used Tampa EA a couple times on business. Their selection is the same if not better than the Orlando EA. I've always been able to get what I wanted there. One time I got a brand new Convertible. A couple times my wife and daughter came down while I was on business and I rented a van instead and never had any trouble getting it.

I second the recommendation to get the full size rental, it shouldn't be that much more if not the same and you're covering your bases.

Good luck!

I have been looking at my options and in order to get a 6 seater, I need to go to a luxury or mini-van. So I will try to get a good rate on a minivan, hopefully.

UGH! EA at Tampa was really bad when we rented there in February this year. The "full size"cars were Mitsubishi Gallants and Chevy Malibus. They do not seat six nor do they hold a vacation's worth of luggage for a family of four. They had one dirty Lumina (they don't make those anymore!) that leaked in the rain that we settled on. There was a dirty Buick LeSabre ("Premium class) which would seat six, incorrectly parked in the Luxury spaces. In Tampa, there is only one row of cars - certainly not like the three or four rows of cars at National in Orlando.

The woman who checked us out was a real witch (that's a compliment!) I've been a member of the Emerald Club since its inaugural year in 1987. This was the worst rental ever. I e-mailed National when I returned and they gave me an apology and a $50 refund to my credit card.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter