Anyone feel my pain?

T i DuBL GuH eRR

--Tigger--
Does anyone share my pain? The kind from only going to DLR once a year. The kind that comes from waiting and waiting and waiting until the next year you could go back. The kind from VMK because since you live far away from the DLR, you can't do the in-park quests so you have to trade lots of rare for those quest items. Could anyone empathize?

Yep, I know that pain.

We live in WA. Yes, I've been 3 times in the last year. But that is rare. We don't normally do that. We started planning our Oct 05 trip early in the year. Had it planned and booked in April 05. Then after we returned I booked a May 06 trip for me and two friends. Then in Jan we decided to use our tax return and take the kids in March. So, for over a year I had something in the works. I was always looking at dates, planning around schedules, saving up some money, etc. Since May I've had nothing to focus on. Its driving me crazy. We will go sometime next year, but can't plan it yet.

Yep. I live in Washington, though when I was a kid we lived in the Bay Area for 4 years, and never went to DL. (So close, and yet so far!) Well, my brothers went with their Boy Scout troop. And my sister went there after high school graduation.

So now I'm in my early 4-*cough!*s and finally taking my first Disney vacation in September, WOOHOO!!! I'm :banana: just a :cheer2: little :cool1: excited... :woohoo:

Yes, but isn't it exciting planning your trip and looking forward to the next one?? I think if I went as often as I wanted I might not appreciate it as much. Though I could be wrong.

I do feel your pain. It is so nice to go for a few hours or all day - often. But . . . . with the cost of an AP, gas, park food, etc - we can't justify the cost of spending the night in the GC - or any other Disney hotel - for that I am jealous.

So there are +s and -s for both sides. But all in all - we locals do have a good thing going (no I am not bragging).

So look at the fun you will have from a full immersion and from planning, and planning etc. And . . . . enjoy! :woohoo:

I feel your pain,only to a point. We're lucky to go every 2/3yrs.(pesky bills). :furious:

I so feel your pain, too. We've gone twice, as a family. It was the first time for dh and I since we were teenagers going with our families. We went June '05 and August '06. I am really working on talking dh into a shorter trip in November '07. It would be for our kids' birthdays. It would be hard, waiting that long to go back, but if I could plan it, that would be something.

On the Saturday we were leaving, my 5 year old dd woke up crying, because she wanted to stay at Disneyland. And the day we left for Disneyland, my 2 year old ds, who has been slow to start speaking, came up with about 20 new words, and they were all related to Disneyland. Every other sentence was followed up with a very enthusiastic "YAY!"

So the kids are up for it. Just gotta convince dh now!

Dukland, that is soooo cute! And how awesome that your trip is encouraging your DS2 to talk! My DS2 talks a lot, it's just that most of it is unintelligible! So I can't wait to hear what he comes up with when we go for the first time. He already knows "Mee Moushe" (Mickey Mouse), "Buzzh" (Lightyear), "Woody" and "Dessie" (Jessie the cowgirl)... :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter