Anyone getting popups from this board?

I thought iPhones had blocks for this malware? The only place I’ve ever gotten them in all my years with Apple is from disboards so I hope their IT department is on this!

I’m getting this too. I screenshot it and sent it to my IT department and they confirmed it’s not legit. Worried now though (I didn't click anything but the you need to VPN for password protection is concerning.) IT is running a debug on my phone tomorrow as I also use it for work.

I’m getting this too. I screenshot it and sent it to my IT department and they confirmed it’s not legit. Worried now though (I didn't click anything but the you need to VPN for password protection is concerning.) IT is running a debug on my phone tomorrow as I also use it for work.

It's just an ad designed to make you worried so you download their app. There's nothing wrong with your phone. I noticed this ad today and thought it would cause people to worry, and I guess I was right! I wish there was a way to more easily block those on phones.

Yes only on my iPhone. Weird because not on my iPad. Almost every time I come on here from my phone for the past couple weeks.

Clearly it's an issue, and this is the ONLY site where it's an issue for me at least. Anyone know how to get a mod's attention on this??

I wasn't seeing pop ups, but the loading swirly thing was constantly going on this page, like it was never done loading, even when I had left the browser open viewing the same page on the dis all night, when I got up in the morning it was still swirling like it was loading. I just installed adblock and just like that, no more constant loading.

Yep! I posted a thread in the tech boards last week about it and have had no official response. It's getting extremely annoying

Just got one as I opened this thread to where I had previously read.

IMG_3985.PNG
I thought iPhones had blocks for this malware? The only place I’ve ever gotten them in all my years with Apple is from disboards so I hope their IT department is on this!

It's not malware. They are ads. That's why those with ad blockers aren't getting them.

They sure look scary though!!

Not sure why these boards would approve such ads? They are disruptive and scary with all the identify theft out there!

I just installed a pop up blocker app, never ads I think it is called. Will see if that helps.

Doesn’t seem to be an ad. I can’t close out of it like a legitimate pop up. Looks like malware trying to get me to click on it!

For me, it isn’t Disboards... its when I’m on Facebook and I click DIS links to their stories on wdwinfo.

Edited to say: Has happened three times tonight on Disboards.

Last edited:
I dowmloaded The never add app but still just got a pop up. Do I have to do something else or do I have a virus now? Ugh never had this happen on my phone ever in all these years.

On my PC, yes. My phone, no. Was driving me nuts. The ads would lock up my typing and pop me to the bottom of the screen.
Install ghostery or adblocker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter