Anyone going the week after Labor Day?

aring75

DIS Veteran
Will be staying at WL 9/2 - 9/8.

I've seen a lot of posts about people going in September, but none in the first week.

Anyone else out there going right after Labor Day weekend this year?

Anyone ever been right after Labor Day weekend at all? If so, what were the crowds like? Heavy, light, moderate?

CRO CM said shouldn't be too bad, but I'm looking for personal experiences here (LOL)!

We went the week after Labor Day last year. I would say the crowds were definately light. DH and I never had to use FP once. I think the longest we waited for any ride was about 20. A lot of rides were walk-ons or only about a 10 minute wait (with exception of Dumbo and Peter Pan).

Hope this helps. Have a wonderful trip.

We went during that time a few years ago - crowds were way light, but it rained alot & the parks closed early every night. We had my 72 yo mother with us, so it was a nice time to take her. However, after taking her to WL the year before, she was not happy with POFQ - LOL! Have a great time!:)

We were there last Sept. Our dates were the 5-13. The 5th was the Wednesday after Labor Day. The crowds were light and we never had to wait for anything. This includes PS. Most places we could just walk in. We had to change our Fantasmic Dinner package a bunch of times due to weather and a napping kid and we never had a problem getting ressies.

We did use EE tho, since we had a little one with us. We would use the hotter time of day for the pool. But even without it, I don't think you should have many waits. I think the only FP we used was Winnie the Pooh. The line was probably only 20 minutes, but we were so spoiled we didn't want to wait!

Have a great time!

Sounds like it's going to be a good time to go.

Let's just hope the weather is good. September is the height of Hurricane Season in Florida!! As a Florida native I've seen my share, but I don't want to share my Disney trip with Mother Nature this time!!:(

Good luck and best wishes to everyone traveling to WDW Labor Day week (and any other time)!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

. . . still looking for my lime green ribbon . . .:rolleyes:

Originally posted by aring75
Will be staying at WL 9/2 - 9/8.

I've seen a lot of posts about people going in September, but none in the first week.

Anyone else out there going right after Labor Day weekend this year?

I'll be there! I'm sharing a room at the Polynesian concierge that week with two friends. Woo hoo!

The only other time I've been at WDW the week of Labor Day was in 2000. The crowds were very manageable after Labor Day.
I made a side trip to IOA on the Thursday of that week, and it was practically a walk-on to most rides. :D

This is my first time staying at a Magic Kingdom resort, so I'm very excited. (I've stayed practically everywhere else! LOL) I'm a new member of DVC, so I think I'll be pretty much staying at Beach Club Villas on any subsequent trips. :p

Glad to hear you'll be there! - And your info about the crowds.

You're going to love the Poly concierge! DH and I stayed there last year for three nights. It was like a tropical paradise! The concierge staff is incredible! Don't miss watching the Electrical Water Pageant from the concierge lounge! It's so relaxing to sit and have a drink and watch after a long day at the parks!

I don't know if I can make it two more months!

Originally posted by aring75
Glad to hear you'll be there! - And your info about the crowds.

You're going to love the Poly concierge! DH and I stayed there last year for three nights. It was like a tropical paradise! The concierge staff is incredible! Don't miss watching the Electrical Water Pageant from the concierge lounge! It's so relaxing to sit and have a drink and watch after a long day at the parks!

I don't know if I can make it two more months!

I hear you! But two months will fly by before you know it! :smooth:

We will be there , Aug 30 - Sept 8 at the Yacht Club. I will be there with DH, DD(16), and DD(9):bounce: :bounce:

Sept is our favorite time of the year....

The only problem we have ever had was missing being able to ride the Rock and Roller Coaster. We were at WDW for a few days, but didn't check the maint info, so the day we went to MGM RRC was down for maint the rest of the week.

Maybe we will see you there,

Our Green Ribbons will be on our backpack....

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter