Anyone have luau cancelled due to weather?

ngl

DIS Veteran
Off to Aulani for 2nd visit - last time we were there they did not have the luau so excited to see it. Showers forecasted that evening. Of course, hard to predict what that means but was curious if it is cancelled due to the rain if they allow you to rebook for the next one or just give you a refund? My guess if next one is fully booked then we may be out of luck (only having it 2x week we are there) but wanted to see if anyone had experience with this (we did VIP for a group of 14).

Thanks in advance!

It was not that bad, we had small portions and returned to the buffet (covered) several times BTW the food here (to us) was marginal along with the show. We enjoyed the show and the food much more at the Polynesian

FYI - just received a call from the excursions desk advising that the luau tonight has been cancelled. Been rebooked for Tuesday, but VIP tickets are gone for Tuesday and Wednesday, so have to go as general admission.

Amazing that last nights was cancelled based on the forecast not weather but ours continued with lite drizzle BTW they also posted signs everywhere about the cancellation

Ended up heading down at 4:30 to get in line and ended up being first. 15 minutes later and I would have been about 50th.

Ended up getting seats right on the aisle at a table right next to the VIP’s, and my daughter ended up doing all of the activities without any wait - so ended up with the VIP experience without the VIP price, just with a slightly longer wait to get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter