Anyone here ever own or owned a time share

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
or come close

in my 20,s I almost bought a time share at Atlantic City, they gave us these real nice leather bags to go listen, I was almost persuaded , they kept lowering the price, then when I said "no" I will never forget how mean they got to me. You heerer all types of comercials now, where peole paying good money tog et out of them U an stiull so glad I didnt make a bad purchase

but just to prove I dont always make good ones, I bought all kinds of Beta movies, LOL

I've heard stories of people getting ripped off again from the companies claiming they can get them out of a contract for a fee. Guess these companies figured these people were conned once, might be easy prey? It's sad some of the tactics used.

what I here is the tax and maintenance fee can be raised at will, but your right, , LOL, the con goes both ways

We went once for the free item.
The guy was extremely hostile and tried to block us from leaving when we said no thanks.
If we had a cell phone back then, we probably would have called the cops to get us out of there!
We did not get our free item..

We went once for the free item.
The guy was extremely hostile and tried to block us from leaving when we said no thanks.
If we had a cell phone back then, we probably would have called the cops to get us out of there!
We did not get our free item..
Many years ago my husband and I were naïve and filled out a card at a travel, sport, boat show. We got a call saying we "won" a cruise and we just had to come in to claim it. Of course it was a pitch for a "vacation club." We listened to the guy and he tried all his tricks. My husband finally said he only gets 2 weeks vacation a year which was true. So we walked out and didn't take the cruise because frankly I was afraid it was a scam. Never again.

My wife has been lured into a couple of sales pitches, but we never signed. The closest we've been was when my mom got to use her friend's DVC points at the Grand Californian. It was nice, but out of my range.

We've ran the numbers a few times while considering DVC, but they never worked out in the right direction.
Renting points always has been a better fit for us.
Have never considered any other timeshare - my brother has one, he can't get rid of it. Not a terribly expensive one, long ago paid off. They never use it, can't give it away - truly, they tried to give it away for free and pay the transfer fees/taxes and couldn't get a taker! They looked into one of those Companies that get you out of timeshares, but the hidden costs didn't make sense - especially considering they had to pay even if the Company couldn't get rid of the timeshare. So, they continue to pay the dues every year.

We went to a few presentations over the years, but the numbers never made financial sense to us. We have always rented condos and villas to stay in on vacations because hotel rooms with five people (three kids) are really not a vacation after two days.😁. We found the maintenance fees were always a lot more then what we could rent a place for. I always sort of “wanted” to buy one but now I’m glad we never did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!