Anyone just back?

grumpyandbashful

DIS Veteran
Leaving in 4 days :teeth: . Can anyone just back give me an idea of crowds/wait times in the parks? Going with my sister, who is a first-time WDW visitor. I want to show her all I can in 5 days, but would like to avoid getting up at the crack of dawn! :rolleyes: .
Does EE make a big difference in crowd level at that park?
Thanks for any input :) .

Hi! We have been twice in the last month and the crowds have been great. I usually plan to visit MK and MGM in the mornings and save Epcot and Animal Kingdom for the afternoons. Since these parks are bigger the crowds seem lighter after everyone is up and stirring about.

just got back on sunday..we hardly waited for anything longest wait was 20 minutes . We fastpassed Pooh, Peter Pan and Testtrack. Rode Space mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, and Pirates several times in a row. The lines were literally only as long as you could walk from entrance to ride. It was great!!!! Have fun!!!!:bounce:

Just got back last week. We didn't have to fastpass anything as waits were always less than 10 mins. Longest wait was RNR - 15 mins.

This is the 4th Jan. I've been to wdw in a row, this was by far the least crowded.

We just got back yesterday. We did the Studios on Saturday, and the crowds were very manageable.

The MK on Sunday was pretty light (at least for a weekend day at the MK). The longest wait we had was about 15 minutes for Splash, and close to 30 minutes for the Autopia. I also noticed a posted wait of 30 minutes for Peter Pan. For most of the morning hours, there were few waits of more than five minutes. We had ridden everything we planned on riding by mid-afternoon.

Epcot yesterday was wonderful. Our longest waits were 20 minutes for the Land (go figure) and about the same for Test Track late in the day. Morning through early afternoon there were few waits at all. My son and I rode Test Track about 9:30, and when we got to the end of the ride, the next group had not yet come out of the "briefing room", so the CM let us stay on for another time around! Nirvana! The Fast Pass machines were not even turned on for most attractions.

In summary, I think you've picked a good time to go crowd-wise. And the weather in Orlando is finally showing signs of a warming trend, especially as compared to this past Friday evening and Saturday.
loki3.gif

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter