Anyone know what's going on 8/21/18 at Magic Kingdom?

h&D3

Mouseketeer
I booked some reservations for 8/21 and it now looks like the park may be closing at 6:00PM on 8/21.
Kenny the Pirate's site also shows MK closing at 6:00 on this date, but also shows "happily Ever After" fireworks at 9:00pm.
It also looks like there is a special ticketed event in the morning (is that EMH?), but I was wondering what might be happening that night? Anyone know?

Thanks!
~D

8-21-18.JPG

An earlier than expected start to the 2018 MNNSHP season on a day that also has EMM? Might be a glitch in MDE where it can't show 2 special ticketed events on the same day.

Or an EMM day but a private event at night.

Or an EMM day and a just showing the wrong hours in MDE. Have you checked other sites for park hours for that day?

Last edited:
Speculation is that will be a MNSSHP date and that Disney will implement a 6pm park closing for MNSSHP in 2018, like what they did for MVMCP in 2017.

Obviously just speculation at this point though.

WOW! I had no idea that they would do MNSSHP on the 21st! I heard about the 31st as being one of the first dates, but the 21st... sheesh! Cool though!

~D

Not to add to the speculation, but Friday 8/17 ALSO shows a 6pm close.

That would be way early, but who knows!

It was about the 28th last year, I only remember because it is my birthday and we went to the first party on my birthday trip. That was ridiculously early. 21st is even worse. I hope it's something else. But knowing Disney, that's what it is, the first party

Yep. August 25th was the first date last year.

If they keep it around the same start I'd guess the 24th will be the first party

They also show a 6pm close sometime in June when we are there, don't remember the exact date but its between the 22-29 of June. I found it very odd. Maybe the system is just glitching.

It was about the 28th last year, I only remember because it is my birthday and we went to the first party on my birthday trip. That was ridiculously early. 21st is even worse. I hope it's something else. But knowing Disney, that's what it is, the first party

Was the party you went on 8/28 last year, which was the first one of the season, crowded? I am considering going this year the 21st but the crowds would have a deciding factor if we go. Thanks

Maybe a millionaire rented the MK for the evening ?
Or a famous person and family plus their secret service want MK for a few hours by themselves?
Taping of an ABC show in the MK park?

You never know and will never know till many months after the event ;)

Was the party you went on 8/28 last year, which was the first one of the season, crowded? I am considering going this year the 21st but the crowds would have a deciding factor if we go. Thanks

The first party was on Aug. 25th. The second party was on Aug. 29th. Reports from last year seem to indicate that the first party was more crowded than the second party.

It was not bad. My main complaint was they ran out of all the exclusive party desserts by 9:00. I didn't want to try many but there were a couple I wanted but not a one lasted till I made it by

I keep having this random memory that MK had some preliminary odd August hours last year that were later changed when MNSSHP dates were announced. Having deja vu on this topic for some reason.

I could be making that up, but anyone remember that?

This is the same time frame that we will be in WDW and we knew there was a possibility of Halloween parties happening. We had already decided not to attend since it's pretty hard to feel in the mood for fall and Halloween smack dab in the middle of 90+ degrees August!

Those of you who attended last year, were there full blown Halloween decorations up?

This is the same time frame that we will be in WDW and we knew there was a possibility of Halloween parties happening. We had already decided not to attend since it's pretty hard to feel in the mood for fall and Halloween smack dab in the middle of 90+ degrees August!

Those of you who attended last year, were there full blown Halloween decorations up?
Yes, all decorations are up before the first party

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter