Anyone looking at preemptively changing plans for 2021?

I just called and changed from the Alpine Adventure to Cowboy Country in June. I don't know *why* I think it might have a better chance of going, but it is less stressful for me to consider: flight planning, no international travel with 3 kids in a pandemic, etc.

I mean, none of the tour companies has had any of these trips go since early March. I know I am naïve to think they might start up in the US before international.

We aren't doing international travel until AT LEAST 2022 - I can't handle all the unknowns and wearing a mask on a continual basis. We are building a new home & moving to Florida in 2021, so that will keep us busy!! I DO hope I get to see Italy SOMEDAY....

Most of my 2021 trips were rescheduled 2020 trips:

Peru/Bolivia private tour in March - I'll reschedule it to March 2022
Egypt ABD in April
Alaska Cruise in May
Bahamas Cruise in July
New Zealand in Dec

If they get cancelled, they get cancelled. I'll just reschedule them for 2022. I think the main difference this year is I'll be waiting until the last minute to buy flights when I'm confident everything's a go. Clearly we could be waiting until 2022 before travel resumes, but I think countries will start looking at other options like proof of vaccination in order to open up sooner. Qantas has said they'll require proof of vaccination. Australia's Health Minister said they'd consider it. There were some news reports this week on the likelihood of getting a vaccine card in the US. I expect this to get more traction as the vaccine rolls out.

My guess is 2021 will still be bumpy when it comes to international travel. Not only will there be some amount of uneven vaccine distribution over the next year, but many tourism related vendors have let staff go and I suspect the “travel experience” will be touch and go next year as everyone learns to adjust to the new reality.

We still plan to wait until 2022 for the dust to settle before traveling internationally.

My guess is 2021 will still be bumpy when it comes to international travel. Not only will there be some amount of uneven vaccine distribution over the next year, but many tourism related vendors have let staff go and I suspect the “travel experience” will be touch and go next year as everyone learns to adjust to the new reality.

We still plan to wait until 2022 for the dust to settle before traveling internationally.

I think we'll be doing the same. Our friends are all wondering if they can go early and snag some good deals but I'm so emotionally exhausted from 2020 I don't want to expend the energy and further worry anymore. The trade off when we've already "saved" so much by staying home for a year plus doesn't feel worth it.

I think we'll be doing the same. Our friends are all wondering if they can go early and snag some good deals but I'm so emotionally exhausted from 2020 I don't want to expend the energy and further worry anymore. The trade off when we've already "saved" so much by staying home for a year plus doesn't feel worth it.
Exactly. I'm willing to pay a bit more to book when things are more certain, rather than try and snag a good price now and then spend months and months worrying if the trip will go or not. I just can't do that again.

Sayhello

Exactly. I'm willing to pay a bit more to book when things are more certain, rather than try and snag a good price now and then spend months and months worrying if the trip will go or not. I just can't do that again.

Sayhello

:mic:I too feel the same -
Just spent 2020 doing a total home makeover on my home in lieu of
"My Adventures n Paris" (April 2020)
and
"My Adventures n Nashville etc" (Sept 2020)

canceled vacations due to all this Covid 19 craziness.

Am choosing to also stay OUT of leisure travel in 2021
and will pick it up again in April 2022.

And yes, i get a feeling Paris will be expensive but I
- DONT CARE -

as I and I bet all of us are tired of this Covid 19 stuff and just want to return to leisure travel......

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:yo-yo:

I have Costa Rica in March 2021 (moved from this March) and would either move or just cancel that. I was looking to change it last month but Tauck told me to wait closer to Jan to decide in case they cancel or just do there’s more options to move...

also have a Alaskan cruise with DCL in July... this cruise I have moved 2x already! Not sure what options I’d have since I took 125% cruise credit for this year..

also have a Christmas market cruise with ABD in December that I booked last year.... I hope I can park the deposit for that and move it...

So much for planning early 😭

We just had to push the trip we had originally planned for 2020 back to 2022 as February 2021 is sadly a no go. I am hoping we will get to do a trip in 2021, but I am planning to book it on a last minute basis. I came here to poke around and get a sense of how everyone is feeling about future travel and it makes me feel better so see so many people taking that approach. We only get so many years to travel with my son while he is a child and it breaks my heart to have lost a whole year of family vacation memories. I definitely will not miss a second year if there is any option to travel at all.

We should have been leaving for Japan in 2 days with our whole family. This is the last Christmas that I could for sure have all the kids available. By next year two will have jobs. Missing vacation is a small concern on a global scale, but it still makes me sad. We're making do at home with board games and movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter