Anyone recommend a guide at Disney?

drricksullivan

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are considering buying into the DVC. Our kids are 13 and 10.5...I have read that with the new program at VWL (wife loves the WL)... that it may be better to go through Disney than to buy from Timeshare Co.,etc.

How do I contact Disney...or better yet, is there anyone that someone would recommend to help me with the purchase?

Thanks for all the great advice on these boards...any other hints for first time buyers would be appreciated...

Rick

Hi Rick! I am not a DVC member yet but hoping to buy in the next couple of months (November hopefully). I have been researching DVC for about 1 year and half now and have talked to my guide a least a half dozen times. He is wonderful! His name is Jim McCoy and his direct number is (800) 827-7140. He will answer all your questions and send you the video and accompanying materials that explain DVC in detail. He FedEx'd mine and I got it the next day. In the materials, you will receive the point chart for the home resort of your choice (WLV) with the financing options if you need them and the maintenance fee breakdown. Like most other guides at DVC, he is very low pressure. As a matter of fact, I can say he has put absolutely NO pressure on me and hubby to purchase. He is always friendly and takes the time to answer even my silliest questions.

I am sure others can recommend other guides for you to consider as well. If I were to give you any advice it would be to read these boards! I have learned a ton of info from just "lurking" here.

Lisa

I nominated Michelle MacAllister 18008277201. She has helped us since 94 when our original guide left Disney employ. She has helped us through 2 add ons.

I'd recommend Bruce Douglas 800-827-0457. He has been with DVC from the beginning and knows the product very well. He is very professional and low key. NOt a pushy sales person. He helped us in 1994 with our 1st purchase and our add on 1999.
Good luck and we hope to welcome you home soon.

Ed Trybulski
DVC 1994

We just sent in our deposit monday, and i cant recommend my guide any more highly. Her name is Jenna Cornell. 1-800-827-7124. She is extremely polite and knowledgeable about the DVC in my opinion. Not pushy at all. We spoke with her last year on a tour of DVC. We had not spoken all year, and when we returned to ask more questions, they had us in the computer and said Jenna was our guide. She was in the office and we spoke to her almost immediately. She remembered who we were(im sure some of you may think they just say that, but she even remembered my youngest sons name who was over in the play area and asked if he was here with us!!) She has been extremely helpful in our deciding, and answering all questions for us. She usually calls back very quick. In fact, i just got off the phone with her and it had only been 30 mins since i left a message. Last week, i called kinda late so figured since she had gone for the day i would just talk to her in the AM, to my surprise, she called me from her home that evening to check on what info i needed!! Now i call that service! If you decide you to use her, i say you cant go wrong.....tell her that Art Carter in Phoenix, AZ said to give her a call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter