Anyone rented from Sixt?

matty624

DIS Veteran
We are renting a SUV from Miami this summer, and Sixt is coming out the most competitive at the moment, with 11% cash back from topcashback..
Has anyone rented from Sixt before? And do you get a chance to choose your car from a line, obviously from the correct category?
TIA,
Matt

Oh well, judging from the lack of replies, I'll be the guinea pig then! :bitelip:
We booked with them, by far the cheapest, with a lot of conflicting reviews, as many rental companies seem to have.
When we're back in the middle of August, I'll let you know how we got on.
Matt

I'd just check if they are Onsite at the Airport or not. Sixt love an offsite location!

If they are Offsite, check their reviews at that location for shuttle issues or delays. The last thing you need is your travel plans delayed because of a transfer!

Thanks for that. I did a little research, and all of the car rental companies at Miami are accessed by the Miami People mover (basically a light rail train), and are located at the car centre. A few car rental sellers (not actual companies) will say that various companies are 'on airport' or 'onsite', but it seems that in reality, all of them are indeed at the car centre about a mile and a half down the track! Confused me a bit for a while, until I researched it all.
If anyone has any first hand experience of this and can tell me I'm wrong, let me know, as I have free cancellation until really near the date of pickup.
Thanks again,
Matt

Thanks for that. Fingers crossed we get to pic our car, always try to avoid big mileage buckets!

Maybe abit late now! I used them
In September 2017. Thought they were very helpful and great. Car was pretty much brand new had just over 1000 on the clock.

Cannot Comment on the shuttle service as I didn't used it. Was staying with family in oralando the first few days of holiday.

Could always take an uber from the hotel to the off site pick up?

I’ve not used sixt from Miami but I have from LAX with an SUV and they were great!

Yes they were off site, but the shuttle bus was right outside waiting from the airport, was 5 mins to the depot. Lots of check in sections open, we had just one family in front of us.

Got there and we’d booked a small SUV with plans to get the GPS when we got there and the guy, had an offer on a big SUV upgrade with built in GPS for only a few $’s more for the whole 2.5 weeks we had booked which worked out cheaper then us hiring the sat nav! We didn’t get to pick our car but I’m sure if we’d have been unhappy they’d have swapped it, we got a Cadillac XT5 I think? Pretty decent car, all the mod cons etc! I’m sure you won’t have an issue, I’ve been using sixt in the UK and Ireland for years xx

Thanks. Fingers crossed Sixt is as good at Miami!
We booked an intermediate SUV with them, 3 minute train ride from the terminal to the car centre where all the car rental companies are located.
I'll let you know how we get on.
Thanks again all! :goodvibes
Matt

We used Sixt in Miami no hassles at all August 2017. You get the airport mover train thing to the car hire place - all the car rental company desks are there, sixt is bright orange. DH had joined the sixt vip club or whatever it is called. There was no line he showed the vip card and they sent him straight down to garage, down an escalator. He went in the office in the garage and had the car by the time me and DD had been to the restroom. Very quick. He was happy with the car - suv I think? Have also used sixt in orlando they use a shuttle bus to take you to the cars in orando again was all fine that was May 2016.

I rented from them at Miami a couple of years ago - no real of choice of car at the desk and very expensive for the hire of a sat nav - used phone in a cradle with maps downloaded before trip, before buying a cheap us tom tom in a store during the trip. First car stunk of cigarette smoke so I got them to change it - got a much better car - a little hassle but they got it sorted within 20 minutes or so. Got cashback too. Drop off was excellent. I'm sure you'll be fine!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter