Anyone stay in any of the 2 or 3 bdrm suites at the DL or GC hotels?

Yes, we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite at the GC about a year ago (late Jan. 05). It was very nice. There was a recent thread about the layout of the two bedroom suites at the GC. You could do a search. Ours was really a one bedroom suite that had a connecting door to a regular room. That turned it into a 2 BR suite. You walked in the door into the parlor which had a wet bar, desk, sofa, tv, and chair with ottoman. There were two doors on the right, one to the bedroom and one to the bathroom (which you could also enter from the bedroom). There were two sinks in the bathroom and a separate toilet/shower room. We had two queen beds the bedroom. On the left of the parlor there was a connecting door to the second room. This was a standard two queen hotel room. Our view was fabulous. We looked out over the pool (right above the pool entrance) and out onto CA. It was great. The room was quite pricey (I only had a AAA discount), but it made our stay very nice. Out of all the onsite hotels, you can't beat the proximity of the GC to the park.

Have a great time!

Hi camouseketeer,

Did you have concierge with the 2 bedroom suite? How long did you stay and how much did you pay if you don't mind my asking? :flower:

terryfromhawaii,

We did not have concierge. We stayed four nights, I think, Monday - Thursday nights. I can't remember exactly how much we paid. I think it was either $700 or $800 a night. I know that we added a night on top of our package and I had to pay rack rates :earseek: for the extra night. That night was over $900.

It was expensive, and I really wouldn't want to pay that much again. But, it was the kind of thing where I knew what I was getting. I got a four star hotel within walking distance of the park.

As an alternative, you could look into suites at good neighbor hotels. I know I looked at the Tropicana and the Carousel. Their suites have gotten mixed reviews, but they are a much cheaper alternative. You could also try to get connecting rooms in regular hotel, such as Candy Cane or HoJo's. That's a bit riskier because you are not guaranteed connecting rooms, but, again, it's a cheaper alternative.

Good luck!

Hey Terry, what area in Hawaii are you from? I'm from Moanalua/Salt Lake.

As for the GC, we also stayed in a suite which was very nice but also very expensive. What you may want to look into is to book two adjacent rooms. I think for the past two years from Sept-Dec. the Disney properties had a "stay 3 nights get the 4th night free" special and who knows, they may do it again?! If so, you will save a lot of money with the two separate rooms.

One TA that I would recommend is Get Away Today. If you book through them, the hotel tax is waived (which saves a lot) as well as the daily self-parking charge.

If you can, I would highly recommend the GC. You just can't beat the location! :sunny:

Aloha from East Honolulu! :wave2:

The last time we stayed at the GCH, we asked about booking two rooms adjacent since my mother was going to join us. I made the reservations through Walt Disney Travel, and they told me that they could not guarantee two rooms together. Were you able to get that cofirmed through your travel agency?

We'll be staying in a 2BR at the GC next month. We're using DVC points and do not get concierge with it. This will be our first visit to Disneyland; we've always done WDW before, but since we just moved to N. California this past summer, we have the opportunity to see Walt's original happy place. Can't wait!

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter