Anyone take Mears from Disney to Universal?

Carrieberry

<font color=9999CC>Has to post on the right thread
I am thinking of doing this for one day on our Dec trip. It is $12 pp round trip so it would be much cheaper than renting a car for the day. Does anyone know what times they do this? How far in advance do you have to book it and how late will they pick you up from the park? Do you tip the driver like whent hey get you from the airport? We wanted to check out Citywalk too. Thanks for any info you can give me!

We did this last September and if I remember correctly we booked it a few days before. I think we had to call them about 1 and 1/2 hours before we wanted to be picked up for the return to our hotel.

We've used them 5 or 6 times.
You call the day before to set your resort pickup time. They pick up every hour. Be aware that depending on which resort you are at (and how many people sign up), it can take a long time to get where you are going. They stop at mulitple resorts.

Return trip you call an hour or two before you want to go back.
I believe they pick up late......since City Walk stays open late.

Tipping is optional (they would like it). We always give $1/person, but often we are the only ones that do so.

The website says $12 pp round trip. Does that sound correct? It just seems really cheap to me for some reason (maybe because the town car companies are chargin $50 round trip)st wanted to be sure they didn;t mean $12 pp each way as long as you book round trip. Thanks for your responses!

I'm pretty sure it was $12pp round trip. When it's just my husband and myself we use Mears. However this June we had 6 of us so we used a van from Yourride. The total for that was $55, so we saved $17 over Mears. Mears may go to other hotels to pick up passengers. This happened to us in September, although other times we were the only ones on the shuttle.

We used Mears last year for IOA from Polynesian.
worked out fine. $12 sounds right.
when we were ready to go home we just went to the bus stop and caught the first bus that showed up. it was about a 10 minute wait.
worked out nice for us. We normally use Tiffany towncar for the airport but did not want to spend that much for IOA
:cool:

We did this quite a while back and it worked out well. On the way out, Mears sent a van and we stopped at multiple hotels. We had an early morning pickup, so it didn't affect our time at Universal. On the way back, they sent a large bus. We had stayed late, and both times the bus was late arriving, but not too unreasonably. Again, there were multiple hotel stops, but we were pretty much dozing off from the long day so we didn't mind!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

:bounce: I just did this in July taking Mears from Wilderness Lodge to U.S. and it was $12 round trip. We went to the Cont and Poly to pick others up also. For the price you can't beat it. Personally I enjoy not driving a car for the entire length of my stay. I called the day before I wanted to go to U.S. and to come back to Wilderness lodge I called about 1 and a half hours before pickup like the others. I also gave the driver a dollar each way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3-87 Offsite
7-87 Offsite
7-00 DL
7-01 Poly
7-02 WL
Dec FW

Great! Thank for the info! Does anyone know how late they will come and get you? IOA closes at 7 pm but we wanted to check out Citywalk and maybe have dinner there. Will they come and get us around 10 or is that to late?

We used Mears for our airport transfers and to got to universal. We were very pleased. It is $12 rt. I think they will pick up pretty late, maybe 1am. Remember to call 2 hrs. ahead of time for your return to your hotel. I think they ask that you book 24 hrs. ahead of time to goto to universal. I hope that helps

Have used Mears past three years for Universal and SeaWorld. Will do this year if it's only us three. We may have more people however andif so, will use Yourride.

Mears did fine but did make a stop or two each way. Last year we really rushed out of IOA to make the van/bus and ended up having to wait about 1/2 hour in the rain because bus was late. Wouldn't have mattered much but had Hoop De Doo that night so we were rushed. It happens though and for the price vs renting that was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter