Anyone taking a resort only trip?

baivasps

Mouseketeer
We have a reservation for 3/21-3/28 at an off property resort, We can reschedule, but it would be for spring break 2021. DH still wants to drive down to enjoy the weather, pool, and drive to the beach. Normally, I'd be all for it. But with coronavirus, I'm not so sure its a good idea. Anyone else doing this?

I’d wait until April, personally.

To answer your question, we take resort trips all the time. The kids love pools, we visit family, and do Disney Springs, City Walk, etc

In normal circumstances, yes I would do a resort only trip. Right now? I wouldn't.

I don't know if you're aware, but Orange Co. and Osceola Co. both reported their first cases. I would think that will change a lot in the Orlando area, just by what happened here with our first cases.

We are in Orlando currently, we got a refund for our Disney... we went to the beach. It was awesome.. this city is shut down though. Everything is closing

Last edited:

We are booked for April 17th to 24th at our offsite resort. If the park closures are extended, we still plan to go on our trip as scheduled (assuming our flights are not cancelled) and do a resort trip. The property we stay at has TONS to do and lots of amenities, so we know we won't be bored.

That said, that's based on what we know now about the virus. If things really blow up between now and then, we'll have to reconsider. But as of today, yes.....I'd take that resort only vacation.

We are in the same boat. Booked for April 10-17. As of now we are going, planning on driving & just chilling by the resort pool for the week. Final decision to be made the week before then based on data as of that week. Hotels down & back all booked with cancellation options in place.

Hoping & praying the worst is now and will have peaked by the time we go.

We are in the same boat. Booked for April 10-17. As of now we are going, planning on driving & just chilling by the resort pool for the week. Final decision to be made the week before then based on data as of that week. Hotels down & back all booked with cancellation options in place.

Hoping & praying the worst is now and will have peaked by the time we go.

I’m afraid the worst is not now here in the US, it’s just beginning to ramp up. All of the medical professionals I’ve seen interviews with say to prepare for things to get much worse. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!