Anyone Tried Afternoon Tea at Steakhouse 55?

8lovesmickey

Down at the Laughing Place is where I'll be!
We're looking to try something new and this looked fun but I couldn't find any reviews. Thoughts? Thanks!

I've done the tea for all the special events save for the Holiday Tea and I cannot say enough good things about it. Actually I just reserved the tea for Easter Sunday and am so excited to return again. It is my absolute favorite "Me" time things I treat myself to. The premium tea party is my favorite but you just can't go wrong.

I'm happy to go into more detail if you have more questions.

We did it last Friday for the Valentine’s Day Theme. It was very fancy and we were glad that our DS 3.5 yo didn’t break anything. I would’ve loved to try more of the different teas but our kids were ready to go. ETA: my DH even liked it and he’s a farm boy.

My kids and I love it. It's been part of my birthday trip for the last 2 summers. I get the premium (DS9 eats at least half of my salad--and both times we've been offered an extra salad because apparently it's funny/rare to see a kid insisting on taking part of Mom's salad!) and DS9 and DD12 get the kids' tea.

It's such a special experience, especially if you are with people who enjoy taking their time. The kids and I look at all the photos in Steakhouse 55, and spend time doing Disney Mad Libs, and make a fun couple of hours of it.

I think it depends on what kind of experience you have with afternoon tea. We love afternoon tea and go regularly to various places in L.A., so we had some comparison in mind when we did the Afternoon Tea at S55. The service at S55 was wonderful -- total Disney from start to finish! One of our friends ordered a gluten free tea and received extra special service. She was thrilled. The experience was worth it just for the smile on her face the whole time. But for the price (we did the premium tea), which compares to afternoon tea at top hotels in Beverly Hills, we've had much better food at other places. The food at S55 wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't what we thought the price merited. Yes, we would do it again with friends because of the fun (and because we have an AP discount), but for a treat for ourselves, we would spend the money on tea elsewhere. So, thumbs up depending on the context.

Last edited:

We love the tea, generally do it once every other month. In fact, doing tea tomorrow!!

I think it depends on what kind of experience you have with afternoon tea. We love afternoon tea and go regularly to various places in L.A., so we had some comparison in mind when we did the Afternoon Tea at S55. The service at S55 was wonderful -- total Disney from start to finish! One of our friends ordered a gluten free tea and received extra special service. She was thrilled. The experience was worth it just for the smile on her face the whole time. But for the price (we did the premium tea), which compares to afternoon tea at top hotels in Beverly Hills, we've had much better food at other places. The food at S55 wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't what we thought the price merited. Yes, we would do it again with friends because of the fun (and because we have an AP discount), but for a treat for ourselves, we would spend the money on tea elsewhere. So, thumbs up depending on the context.
Can you tell me what she had for the gluten free tea? The pics I’ve seen did not impress me. I had tea at the plaza in New York two years ago for 60$, and it had tons of beautiful gf desserts and sandwiches. Not just fruit and mousse and stuff. So I’ve been leery.

Can you tell me what she had for the gluten free tea?..

If I remember correctly, she had very similar things to what we had. She had scones and pastries, not just a fruit plate. I do remember that the server took great care to bring her separate dishes of clotted cream, lemon curd, and jams, along with separate serving utensils, so that there would be no risk of cross contamination at the table. Her tea did not look obviously different in any way and she raved about how much she enjoyed everything. Hope this helps.

I've done the tea for all the special events save for the Holiday Tea and I cannot say enough good things about it. Actually I just reserved the tea for Easter Sunday and am so excited to return again. It is my absolute favorite "Me" time things I treat myself to. The premium tea party is my favorite but you just can't go wrong.

I'm happy to go into more detail if you have more questions.

Thanks so much! Super helpful!

Here are pics from tea today. We each had 3 pots of tea (I had Rosy Fig, Enchanted Forest, and Caramel RedBush. But the one that stood out was my daughter's Shanghai Rose. Excellent.
28055823_10215668057238031_3700610811101069645_n.jpg

27867120_10215668057198030_3100837539086607719_n.jpg

27867192_10215668057278032_5227759131798508358_n.jpg

27972083_10215668057358034_2171942595673222802_n.jpg

I substituted the ham and cheese for the salmon sandwich.

Here are pics from tea today. We each had 3 pots of tea (I had Rosy Fig, Enchanted Forest, and Caramel RedBush. But the one that stood out was my daughter's Shanghai Rose. Excellent.
28055823_10215668057238031_3700610811101069645_n.jpg

27867120_10215668057198030_3100837539086607719_n.jpg

27867192_10215668057278032_5227759131798508358_n.jpg

27972083_10215668057358034_2171942595673222802_n.jpg

I substituted the ham and cheese for the salmon sandwich.

The Shanghai rose tea is my FAVORITE!
They feature it for the Valentines Day tea if memory serves right and they keep it featured as long as it lasts. I already miss it!

Not to go too far sideways, but where else do you go in LA for tea? We also like to do tea in different cities when we travel.

Oh, I think I’ll take my daughter to this. It will be some nice mommy/daughter time while her sibling is still in my tummy.

I have done tea as well; the "Premium Tea Service" Christmas 2016. Lovely, great tea/ service was great. It's very $, yet I'm very happy I did it, yet won't go again. It's one of those things that you should do, but one and done:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter