Anyone willing to list how much their Christmas air tickets cost?

babslittleones

Mouseketeer
I'm usually really good at planning trips but I guess I got behind this year. I'm trying to plan our trip for next Christmas "2003" and I forgot to watch the sites for airfare rates this past month.

Would any of you be willing to post what you paid for your airline tickets, what airline, and your dates of travel? I have no idea what air prices were this year and I would love to have a rough estimate to halp plan for next years trip.

Thanks everyone,
Babs

Well I am not going to Disney but rather in the opposite direction. I am flying from Orlando to Boston and have a rate of $205.00 on American Airlines. I really had to search for that fare and keep checking back. I have a direct flight to Boston but a change of planes on the way back. I am traveling the 21st - 27th.

Traveling Dec 29 and Jan 3 on nonstop Northwest (DTW-MCO) at $222.50. NYE at epcot, wouldn't miss it!

$274 - Southwest airlines, Dec 22-27. Would have been a LOT less if I had planned ahead a little and bought them earlier, but I wasn't sure if we were going to fly or drive. I checked prices a couple of weeks before I bought these at Southwest and there were fares a lot lower - web fares and promotional fares. And also at Delta. But I waited a couple of weeks and the flights available were limited and the prices were much higher.

For 5 of us to fly from Boston to Orlando non-stop on Delta, im paying 995.00 after all the taxes and such. Tickets were about 165.00 pp before everything else was added in. I waited and watched hoping for the 99.00 tickets and they werent there. I bought my airfare about 4 weeks ago, shortly after, the prices started to rise. We are flying home on Dec. 22, the dates closer to christmas are up near 300. Keep your eyes on the prices starting in Sept. Oct. but dont wait to long to purchase.

Let me also add this. When we went in April I bought my tickets from Travelocity, The flight plan changed at least 4 times. Each time I printed new receipts. A few days before we were leaving, I checked them. We had connecting flights, when they changed the flight plan they didnt book us out of our boston flight. I called and they added us in but when we showed up at the airport the flight was over booked. They had to offer people perks to wait for another flight. They also couldnt give us seats together. This was tough as there were 2 adults and 4 kids, 2 of whom were 2yo twins. We ended up on the flight, someone didnt show up. It was a bit nerve wracking. This time I went through Expedia and so far all is going ok.

We booked JetBlue out of JFK 12/23 the day the tickets went on sale. Paid $465 each (ouch!) cause we were locked into the dates. We have since gotten JetBlue credit and the tickets are now costing less than $300 each.

I fly out of Atlanta on Delta and started looking in August for Dec. 20 - 24. It was $461 and there were only 4 seats left on the flight I needed. I grabbed it and kept checking. It eventually came down to around $260 so I now have a voucher for about $200. I'm still checking, but it's back up to around $400.

The rest of my family is leaving on Dec. 18 and the lowest theirs has gotten is $156.

We were in Fla for a month when the good SWA rates came out and missed them. I looked for months to find a decent fare from BWI to MCO but none were to be had under $220. I finally found BWI to JAX for $159 flying 12/29-1/5 on Delta. Sure, I'll drive a little but not 15 hours. I prefer to drive when we are down for 2 weeks or more but 8 days with the drive is a killer. We always rent a car when we fly so this time we'll just get it at JAX.....spruce

Last year, we paid $361 r/t Pittsburgh-Orlando (bought in March), and the day after buying them they went up to $879, and never dropped under $800 (for those flights).

Wichita, KS to Orlando on Dec. 11. $220.00 round trip.
We change planes at DFW, but it's a good rate. I have seldom found a better rate.

Our group bought 5 mos in advance for Dec 13-21 BWI-MCO.
SW $190pp was the best we could get for non-stop. Good Luck!

We're flying Southwest and for four tickets the cost was about $1,000 total. We're flying out 12/18 and coming back 12/28.

We planned a spur of the moment WDW Christmas trip just a few weeks ago. We are flying out of Indianapolis on 12/24 on ATA and returning on 12/27. A short but sweet trip, just to get me through until July! I bought our tickets on 11/21 and paid $146.50 each for direct flights. I thought it was a great price for being such short notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter