Anyone's guess when we see larger incentives for Riviera?

All I know is I have my $$ set aside to buy as soon as any new incentives may be announced. I bought a very small Riviera contract last July, and after staying there in Feb decided I want more points. Was planning on calling my guide before all this stuff happened, so now I will just patiently wait. I figure waiting a month or so is not going to cost me anything :)
wonder if you ask your guide if they think better incentives due to all of this will be coming?

I emailed our DVC broker, we were going to buy on March 18th but its been crickets!! anyone heard from anyone? I highly suspect incentives will improve, personally I'd prefer passes over decrease in price but either way...we are ready to buy!!

All I know is I have my $$ set aside to buy as soon as any new incentives may be announced. I bought a very small Riviera contract last July, and after staying there in Feb decided I want more points. Was planning on calling my guide before all this stuff happened, so now I will just patiently wait. I figure waiting a month or so is not going to cost me anything :)
Tell me why you liked RIV so much.
We have yet to set eyes on the place.

Not who you were asking but we liked it because of the Skyliner and the 8 min ride it takes to Epcot and 12 minute ride it takes to HS. The French/Italian vibes and theming, and music played around the resort. The room side is very similar to Poly's studios with the double shower which will be very nice when we take our kids. We actually are also big fans of Caribbean beach so its not a con like some say. We also look at the skyliner to the International Gateway as a plus to one of our favorite places the boardwalk/beach club area. Plus we wanted a long contract, this gives us 50 years.

A lot of the same reasons as the previous poster... As I move closer to 60 than 50, a murphy bed vs a sofa bed is a HUGE difference. And having the twin size one also available in the studio is great as there are frequently 3 of us that travel together. I never book anything other than studios, as I have ZERO interest in cooking while on vacation. We had a standard view studio with an excellent view of the Epcot Forever fireworks, too.

The convenience of the skyliner is a plus, but RIV is a place I can see doing a resort only vacation. I really liked the pool area - the proximity of a variety of food options between the quick service place and the bar menu, easy access to THREE refill stations, the gelato cart, a variety of seating options (not just loungers). I wasn't sure how I would feel with it being close to CB, but I walked over to the food court there one evening and it was a great walk.

Yes, the lobby is not grandiose, but that is ok because there are so many other places to just hang out and relax. I personally hate hanging in the lobbies during the day - you see so many people at their worst :(

I am so sad that my May trip will in all probability be canceled because I had 3 nights at Beach Club and 3 at Riviera, and I was so looking forward to just chilling out at both places.

Didn’t stay there, just did the character breakfast at outrageously overpriced Topolinos (good food and show though, service was meh), so cannot speak to the rooms but the pool looked painfully small and devoid of shaded areas. The pool slide looked cool but very tightly wound. Also weird that to go to DHS have to change at CB State Correctional Facility. But RR is a super quiet Skyliner stop so that’s a plus.

AKNOTTS66 & jillt2ph;
Thanks for the feedback. I hope to make time to tour RIV on our next trip. (have we all settled on the acronym for Riviera yet ? - I've seen RR, DRR, RIV) :D
We don't plan to return to WDW until Jan. 2021, so we're trusting that we will be out of this crisis by then.
With my last addonitis purchase, I probably will not be adding on for awhile, but since we usually travel in January & February I hope we can get RIV at the 7 Month mark, and maybe try it out for a weekend.
Thanks again, and Good Luck to all on our future DVC trips!
ET:darth:

I think slightly smaller discounts for lesser numbers of points will be their first try.

If sales end up at less than 60K per month, I think they may remove the restrictions to pick up the current DVC owners who will not buy there with the restrictions

I think they will also announce an unspecified delay in reflections to try to pick up a few who are waiting for that

Only if all those are not successful in getting sales to near 100K will they significant increase existing incentives

I think slightly smaller discounts for lesser numbers of points will be their first try.

If sales end up at less than 60K per month, I think they may remove the restrictions to pick up the current DVC owners who will not buy there with the restrictions

I think they will also announce an unspecified delay in reflections to try to pick up a few who are waiting for that

Only if all those are not successful in getting sales to near 100K will they significant increase existing incentives
Your list is backwards. They will pause Reflections and increase existing incentives well before lifting the restrictions.

1 more for the list

If RR cash rooms are not booking DVD could offer a few "free" nights close in as an incentive.

I think this was done before, though I can not remember which resort

Your list is backwards. They will pause Reflections and increase existing incentives well before lifting the restrictions.
Completely agree. The restrictions suck, and it's a general consensus around here that they are terrible (even though I personally love them). However, we do not represent the average DVC buying public, and the negatives Disney has to deal with are negligible when compared to the huge benefit they get from having these restrictions in place. If Disney repeals the restrictions I will eat my hat.

1 more for the list

If RR cash rooms are not booking DVD could offer a few "free" nights close in as an incentive.

I think this was done before, though I can not remember which resort
In the early days of DVC they used to comp you the cost of your current stay if you bought while on property.

Completely agree. The restrictions suck, and it's a general consensus around here that they are terrible (even though I personally love them).

You love them, how come ?

For me personally they don't impact me, I can use all my points to book at RIV if I wanted to.

You love them, how come ?

For me personally they don't impact me, I can use all my points to book at RIV if I wanted to.
I think that the prices of DVC across the board have gotten out of control. I think the restrictions will create multiple tranches of DVC that will exist at completely different price levels. The benefit of that is there will be a DVC product for everyone and those who want to sacrifice in order to get a deal will be able to, and those who want to pay up to get the bells and whistles will be able to as well. Right now DVC is a one-size-fits-all type of product and an expensive one at that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter