Anything within walking distance from our hotel on 192?

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
We are staying on 192 in Kissimmee for a few days before we move to the Wilderness Lodge. Our hotel is the Ramada Eastgate (Fountain Park), which looks like it is located on 192 between I-4 and 535. I think it is just across from "Water Mania".

Does anybody know if there are any restaurants nearby that we could walk to for breakfast or dinner? What about shopping or attractions (mini golf, etc.) within walking distance?

Is this even an area that we would want to walk in?? I seem to remember another post saying it had been re-done recently and there were nice big sidewalks, benches, etc. that made it a nice area to walk around. Is this true?

Any help is appreciated!

Yes, this is the heart of the new BeautiVacation area, with proper, landscaped sidewalks and fountains all the way along. I can't quite recall the exact distance, but the Parkway shops and restaurants (including a Shogun Japanese restaurant, I think, and an Italian restaurant) are only a short way up 192 going towards I4, and there are a couple of diners close to Water Mania (the Larson Inn Family Suites also offers a good breakfast diner, from memory).

Hello again GEM! Gotten any mail lately??:) We always stay on 192. From what I can see on the map we got in the Kissimee book, you're a bit further down the road from Water Mania. If my memory serves me right, you're more in the mall type shopping area. Up further near Howard Johnson Maingate East and Water Mania is nice for walking around.

Thanks for the info!

Dawn, I'm at my mom's house in OK right now for Thanksgiving, so I haven't been home to get the mail for a few days. I bet that your gift will be waiting for me when I get home Sunday night, though! I'll PM to let you know. Thanks again for helping us out!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter