• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP & DDE Experts needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andriade

DIS Veteran
I need expert advice.

We are headed to WDW Jan.1. We plan on purchasing APs this trip since we have a trip in the works for the first week of Dec. 2006 as well. So, I need help with timing the APs and DDE card. I only want to purchase both once for this year. I know my APs won't be activated until I get to WDW. The tricky part is getting the DDE to last through Dec.2006. How long does the DDE card take to arrive??? I live in CA mind you so I know it will take a while to get to me.

Sooooo, experts, what do you suggest??????

We purchased our AP when we arrived at DW. We didn't even know about the DDE until we purchased our AP. We immediately decided to get the DDE because of the great value. We made the purchase over the phone, and they had a temporary DDE card available at Epcot guest services the following day. I would recommend you call right after you activate your AP, or call right before your trip, if they will let you purchase it prior.

Just remember that you have to get the call in to DDE by sometime on a Friday if you want it for the weekend. They are not open Sat and Sun. We did the same as 4mcbjct except I had ordered the AP's and picked them up at guest relations in DTD. By ordering the DDE card when you get there or just before if you have the vouchers so you have a number they will be good through all of 2006 and maybe even Jan 2007. We ordered the DDE right after activating the Ap's and picked them up that evening at EPCOT guest relations window. Have a great trip

We are going from Dec. 31-Jan. 10. We have our AP vouchers now, and plan to order our DDE card just after THanksgiving so it should be here in time for our trip, and should also have a December date on it so we can use it Next December as well.

I just ordered my DDE card this past week. I was asked if it mattered when it expired, because if it did, if I called after November 7 it would not expire until December 2006.

I had the DVC discounted AP vouchers and had no problem's ordering.

Let me see if I understand this...you can purchase the DDE card even if you only have an AP voucher? Do you need to show proof of an AP to use the DDE card?

Yes, you can purchase the DDE with only having the AP voucher. I did this last Monday. Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter