AP discount question for Dec 2020 Christmas week trip

Flynnismine

Being at Disney = Best Day Ever
Hi Dis community,

I would truly and greatly appreciate some feedback from the very knowledgeable folks on the Dis Forum before I book a RO reservation using a discount code. My daughter and I are arriving late evening on Sunday, December 20th (2020) and flying home late evening on Christmas eve, the 24th. I received an email with a pin code that I was going to use to book CR but when I logged in to check prices of the various rooms, it's giving me the AP discount, which is almost $50 less per night then the pin code discount, saving me over $200. Now here's where it's throwing me for a loop...my daughter and I both have AP vouchers loaded onto our profiles, which I bought back in January, but we have not activated them yet and are not planning to do so until Oct 2021, when we had originally planned to go back (haven't been since 2017). This is a last minute trip, thanks to Disney temping me with that Pin code last week, so for this trip, I'm just going to purchase a 3 day ticket through Disney, since it's a quick last minute trip and we are only planning 3 park days. If I book using the AP discount code and then don't active our AP's on our first park day, but instead prioritize our tickets to use the 3 day ticket instead, will that cause a price adjustment on my AP rate to bounce back to rack rate? I guess what I'm wondering is, does just having an AP voucher loaded on my profile qualify me to book using an AP discount if I don't actually intend to activate our AP's on this trip but instead use the 3 day ticket. I'm not trying to cheat the reservation system by booking using a discount that I might not be entitled to. If I can't use the AP discount, I'll just use my Pin Code discount instead.

Thanks so much for your time in answering my super weird question
:thanks:.

Thanks so much for the quick reply and answer to my question Marthasor. I just wanted to make sure I was utilizing the proper discount before I booked. I'm still super happy to have the Pin code discount, heck any RO discount is a blessing when it comes to Disney, especially around Christmas :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!