AP discounts...

MineeBaby

DIS Veteran
Is it ok to check into your hotel, then go get an AP, and THEN get the room discount under the pass? Or do you need to show up with one? Do you need to tell them before hand that you are going to have one? I found out that i might be getting my first duty station at McDill AFB which is in Tampa...WOOOWHOOO!! So much closer than central PA!! But i wont find out until April of next year and I wouldnt want to get a pass before i found out. Thanks everyone for your help!!

You can book the room at AP rates without having an AP -- you're just expected to have it at check-in. You hear mixed reports about whether they ask to see your AP at check-in.

You'll probably want to check into some of the Florida resident options -- not being one I don't really know the differences...

Lucky you!

The room discounts with an AP are not automatically applied. They need to be booked in advance like low airfares and car rental rates do. You cannot get one by showing an AP after checking in using a non-AP discounted rate.

I have an annual pass and since December have visited WDW three times, each time booking the room with an AP discount. Not once have I been asked to produce my pass?? I even got reserved seating at the Annual Passholder lounge just a couple of weeks ago for "Blast' in Epcot and again, no pass asked for!:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter