AP Fall Discounts out

MusicalAstronaut

DIS Veteran
AP fall resort discounts came out today. I nearly missed it with the Food & Wine special events opening today for AP people too.

I'm not seeing any new discount under the "special offers" page - are you seeing them once you select dates & specific resort?

I’m staying at CSR the first week in October and the AP rate is higher than the general Fall rate.

Hmm...I was planning a trip for mid-Oct but was waiting for AP discounts. Looks like they wouldn’t appear until after Oct 7th. Would they ever overlap? I’m just wondering if I should book the trip, then when the discount for those dates is released, try to call and switch? We want to try BRV at Wilderness Lodge. Never done it before but I don’t want to cut it that close to booking a stay!

Hmm...I was planning a trip for mid-Oct but was waiting for AP discounts. Looks like they wouldn’t appear until after Oct 7th. Would they ever overlap? I’m just wondering if I should book the trip, then when the discount for those dates is released, try to call and switch? We want to try BRV at Wilderness Lodge. Never done it before but I don’t want to cut it that close to booking a stay!
They don't overlap but they'll just pick up the next day, so usually these ones end right before the holiday weekend & the winter ones start with that weekend. So the winter discounts will probably start with Oct 8th. If your trip bridges the two you might have to book a split stay, even if it's at the same hotel. I've had to do that before and I asked at the front desk when I checked in and they said they already set it up so I wouldn't have to move rooms.

They don't overlap but they'll just pick up the next day, so usually these ones end right before the holiday weekend & the winter ones start with that weekend. So the winter discounts will probably start with Oct 8th. If your trip bridges the two you might have to book a split stay, even if it's at the same hotel. I've had to do that before and I asked at the front desk when I checked in and they said they already set it up so I wouldn't have to move rooms.

I’m looking at going Oct 13-16, so I wouldn’t be looking to do a split stay. I’ve never tried to get a discount after I’ve booked a room. I may bite the bullet and do it anyway, then call and see if anyone can help me keep the same dates and the discounted price. Sounds like that’s my only option anyway?

I’m looking at going Oct 13-16, so I wouldn’t be looking to do a split stay. I’ve never tried to get a discount after I’ve booked a room. I may bite the bullet and do it anyway, then call and see if anyone can help me keep the same dates and the discounted price. Sounds like that’s my only option anyway?
It really depends. Sadly the AP discounts aren't across the board (something that really grinds my gears as it's heavily advertised as a perk) so there's no guarantee that if you book a room now it'll be one that's discounted. Also, the more rooms that are booked at rack rates, the less that Disney will discount when the time comes (because they've been "sold" at full price so there's no point in discounting them). I've gotten some of my best deals the month before I go, probably because either people are cancelling (because they didn't get a discount they were banking on) or Disney discounts more rooms last minute when they're not as full as they'd hoped. If you book in advance you absolutely can call when the discounts come out - just know there's no way to tell if you'll actually get that discount. Sorry I couldn't be more help! What I do is I book a room at the price I can afford. When discounts come out, I look & see if there are any better rooms that are now in my price range, and I keep checking as time goes by.

It really depends. Sadly the AP discounts aren't across the board (something that really grinds my gears as it's heavily advertised as a perk) so there's no guarantee that if you book a room now it'll be one that's discounted. Also, the more rooms that are booked at rack rates, the less that Disney will discount when the time comes (because they've been "sold" at full price so there's no point in discounting them). I've gotten some of my best deals the month before I go, probably because either people are cancelling (because they didn't get a discount they were banking on) or Disney discounts more rooms last minute when they're not as full as they'd hoped. If you book in advance you absolutely can call when the discounts come out - just know there's no way to tell if you'll actually get that discount. Sorry I couldn't be more help! What I do is I book a room at the price I can afford. When discounts come out, I look & see if there are any better rooms that are now in my price range, and I keep checking as time goes by.

No that is super helpful to know! I’m new to the AP game so I agree with your strategy 100%. Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter