AP Newbie--Lots of Questions

wintergreen

DIS Veteran
First of all, we will be getting our first APs this year.
flowerface.gif
Secondly, we are DVC members, so don't usually book outside of using our DVC points. However, we'll be going in November, and I'd like to book a room at moderate resort for our first night in. My questions are:

1) Do I have to activate the APs before I can book at an AP rate?
2) How does one get a code, and how are they released?
3) Can I make a reservation now, at the rack rate, and replace it later if and when I get a code?

Any advice that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated!!!
FQembarass.gif

1) Do I have to activate the APs before I can book at an AP rate? No. An AP is not required to book a room, but you will need your AP to check in at the hotel(or thats what they say anyhow).

2) How does one get a code, and how are they released? Basically, you should watch the boards closely and(or) mousesavers.com That would be your best bet. Also, you may want to consider booking with Dreams Unlimited. They will automatically book your room under the AP discount code when or if one becomes available.

3) Can I make a reservation now, at the rack rate, and replace it later if and when I get a code? Yes, absolutely.

Have a Wonderful Trip!~ :sunny:

before you check in to your resort, you will need to have an activated AP card. because they need to read off of the card your AP number and then us it to note it in the system.

you actually don't have to have an AP code on hand. if you call the reservation office to book your room. tell them that you are an AP holder and would like to have an AP discounted room. they will then look it up for you and tell you if there are any available. they can only discount a certain number of rooms per resort. we have called at times and have been told that there were no rooms left available for an ap discount, but that i could still book it at rack rate.

if you call before the rates come out, it is good because, you have your room guaranteed. some people wait to call until the rates come out, but if it is a busy season, there may not be any rooms available at all. then when the rates do come out, call back and tell them that you would like to modify your reservation to include the ap discount.

jenjen212 said:
before you check in to your resort, you will need to have an activated AP card. because they need to read off of the card your AP number and then us it to note it in the system.

Just a quick note. I was not asked to show my AP at check in last month. My AP wasn't activated until we got to Animal Kingdom that same day. I think it totally depends on the CM at the desk. :)

Miss Kelly said:
Just a quick note. I was not asked to show my AP at check in last month. My AP wasn't activated until we got to Animal Kingdom that same day. I think it totally depends on the CM at the desk. :)

I believe this to be correct. You only need your AP voucher at check-in and then it will be activated on your first visit to a park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter