AP question - Accessing the discounts online ?

Syndrome

Who's super now?
Just a quick question as I keep getting conflicting info from the Disney chat feature .....

Just purchased AP's , and they are linked up to our MDE account. I can access every single part of the Passholder section on the Disney website .....EXCEPT...... I can NOT access the resort reservation discounts to book a room online! Every time I try, it sends me to the "buy annual pass options" . Not the actual booking page for the rooms that might be available for discounts for our visit.

I dont ever remember it being this way before, and have had AP's for a few years .
My Annual Passes are NOT activated yet , but are linked to our MDE . You can see them in MDE .

Do AP's need to be activated now , to be able to book resort reservations online ?
I dont remember that before ????

Some CM's are saying it has to be activated, and some are saying it might be a glitch ??? WTH ?

Just need to check for some of our upcoming dates .......now I have to call ?

Anyone know anything about this ?
Thanks !

Just a quick question as I keep getting conflicting info from the Disney chat feature .....

Just purchased AP's , and they are linked up to our MDE account. I can access every single part of the Passholder section on the Disney website .....EXCEPT...... I can NOT access the resort reservation discounts to book a room online! Every time I try, it sends me to the "buy annual pass options" . Not the actual booking page for the rooms that might be available for discounts for our visit.

I dont ever remember it being this way before, and have had AP's for a few years .
My Annual Passes are NOT activated yet , but are linked to our MDE . You can see them in MDE .

Do AP's need to be activated now , to be able to book resort reservations online ?
I dont remember that before ????

Some CM's are saying it has to be activated, and some are saying it might be a glitch ??? WTH ?

Just need to check for some of our upcoming dates .......now I have to call ?

Anyone know anything about this ?
Thanks !

You should be able to see any discounts that may be available.

Can you get to this screen below? Make sure you are signed in and that you click that little grey arrow to scroll through all the offers - the "Passholder Offer" hangs out at the very end/all the way to the right.

AP Discount Screen.png

Also separately, I'm assuming your dates are before 4/14/2018? That's the latest the current AP offers goes through at the moment.

Thanks for the help ........

NOPE ........ I do not see the Passholder offer (I am looking for that exact one you screen shot too !, lol )
I can access the Passholder part of the site , but even when I click on Resort offers on the Passholder screen , it brings me to the "purchase pass holder options page" .
I can not access it as an option when trying to book a room either.
Every other option you show comes up , but not the pass holder option. I tried updating, login off/ in .....nothing works.
I am on hold with Disney IT now ....... :headache:

Thanks for the help ........

NOPE ........ I do not see the Passholder offer (I am looking for that exact one you screen shot too !, lol )
I can access the Passholder part of the site , but even when I click on Resort offers on the Passholder screen , it brings me to the "purchase pass holder options page" .
I can not access it as an option when trying to book a room either.
Every other option you show comes up , but not the pass holder option. I tried updating, login off/ in .....nothing works.
I am on hold with Disney IT now ....... :headache:

Bummer, I'm not 100% sure you can book online without an activated AP, but I thought you could. Maybe try a different computer/browser?

Also, if you don't mind posting your dates/resort type, many folks around here are happy to check for you.

Well ........ two different CM's I talked to over the phone (and Disney IT) stated that Annual Passholders can NOT view pass holder resort discounts, or book online with any AP discounts with a non-activated (but purchased) AP.
Over the phone is the only way to go if an AP is purchased, linked to MDE, but NOT yet activated .

Kind of troublesome , as I was on the phone for over a half hour , when I could of just checked online in a few minutes. :sad2:

I guess they don't want someone who purchases an AP, to have easy access to pass holder resort discounts , and NEVER activate it ! (buying an AP, and not activating it just for resort discounts) .

Oh well, I needed to call anyway to add some resort room requests anyway, so not a total loss ......

You might try changing your browser, sometimes I have problems when using Chrome and and have to switch to Firefox.

Well ........ two different CM's I talked to over the phone (and Disney IT) stated that Annual Passholders can NOT view pass holder resort discounts, or book online with any AP discounts with a non-activated (but purchased) AP.
Over the phone is the only way to go if an AP is purchased, linked to MDE, but NOT yet activated .

Kind of troublesome , as I was on the phone for over a half hour , when I could of just checked online in a few minutes. :sad2:

I guess they don't want someone who purchases an AP, to have easy access to pass holder resort discounts , and NEVER activate it ! (buying an AP, and not activating it just for resort discounts) .

Oh well, I needed to call anyway to add some resort room requests anyway, so not a total loss ......

Sorry you had so much trouble. I could have sworn I've seen DISers report being able to actually view discounts online with a non-activated AP, but guess I'm wrong. Sorry to give you bad info above!

Sorry you had so much trouble. I could have sworn I've seen DISers report being able to actually view discounts online with a non-activated AP, but guess I'm wrong. Sorry to give you bad info above!

No worries, thanks for trying to help !
Still not sure if the CM's were correct or not and trying to cover up a glitch . I only say that because right on the Passholders part of the Disney site, under the view resort offers tab .......it states -

"You are currently able to view products and PRICES for Passholders "

I can clearly see "products", but I can not see passholder resort "prices" .

Weird !

Not much help for you, but I have always been able to see and even book a room with a AP that had not yet been activated. I did it earlier this year. Maybe they have changed the rules, but my bet is it’s a glitch that you can’t do it. I know it’s a pain, but you can always call the reservation line to inquire availability and prices.

This happens to me all the time and I’ve been an AP holder for years. This usually happens to me in Chrome so I switch to Firefox or safari. If that doesn’t help I clean out cache, cookies, etc.

I could have sworn, as a past AP holder, that I could always go online and see AP prices and book a resort reservation before I activated my AP ???
The CM's I talked to said , an AP always had to be activated before you could access the prices and book a room with AP discount online ?

I tried several different browsers after it didn't work on my Mac OS . Even the CM in IT , looked on to my MDE account and found the same ....... could not view the AP prices and/or book a resort . She definatly seemed a little baffled .

Guess I must be loosing it, because I could swear I remember being able to see AP discounted room prices and book a room before I activated my AP ??? :scratchin

We have absolutely been able to book AP room rates with an non activated AP. I have two trips booked with AP discount and I will activate my AP this January 2018.

We have absolutely been able to book AP room rates with an non activated AP. I have two trips booked with AP discount and I will activate my AP this January 2018.

Thank you for the info .......

What would be most important to this thread is IF you were able to do via the website , or over the phone. Can you access the AP discounted pricing and booking part of the WDW website without activating your AP .

I can easily book a AP discounted resort reservation over the phone with a recently purchased , but not activated AP , BUT the problem is I can NOT do it online, or even see what the discounts are on the website . Every attempt brings me back to the "purchase AP" screen . I really don't like having to call for an AP discounted room for an AP I just purchased. WHY can't I access that part of the website, even though I purchased AP's .
I would think common sense would dictate that if someone purchased as Annual Pass for Disney World, they just might be looking to book a resort reservation as well, to go with the AP ???

Just can't figure why I can't access that part of the website ?

Thank you for the info .......

What would be most important to this thread is IF you were able to do via the website , or over the phone. Can you access the AP discounted pricing and booking part of the WDW website without activating your AP .

I can easily book a AP discounted resort reservation over the phone with a recently purchased , but not activated AP , BUT the problem is I can NOT do it online, or even see what the discounts are on the website . Every attempt brings me back to the "purchase AP" screen . I really don't like having to call for an AP discounted room for an AP I just purchased. WHY can't I access that part of the website, even though I purchased AP's .
I would think common sense would dictate that if someone purchased as Annual Pass for Disney World, they just might be looking to book a resort reservation as well, to go with the AP ???

Just can't figure why I can't access that part of the website ?

I am so sorry for not being more clear. I understand your frustration. We purchased two APs Disney attached them to our MDE account and we were able to book AP discounts right on the website. We did this two months ago. When we see our reservations they say passholder rate.

We were also able to book DAH tickets and the AP rate came up for that also, Right on the website.

It has been like this for almost a month now that I know of. I hope it goes back to the way it was. I did not renew my AP this year because I wouldn't be going for a while but am now ready to start planning and would like to know what the deal is without having to sit on the phone for an extended period of time, not to mention not being sure which resort I want to stay at makes it even more annoying asking for pricing, etc.

Yep, still not working for me online .
Will find out in a few weeks when we activate our AP's if its just a glitch or its the new way now.
I am sure we were able to view AP discounted resort prices and book a room reservation before we activated our AP's at the park .
Must be something new ..........

Will report back if MDE goes "live" for the resort AP discounts after we activate our AP's .

I booked a pass holder rate stay online after purchasing an annual pass online on 12/14/17. I was able to see the pass holder rates immediately after buying the annual pass. Unless there was a change to the system after 12/14/17, you should be able to view the pass holder rates online with a non-activated annual pass.

I bought our annual passes a few months back but haven't activated them yet. Can't see any discounted rates on the site. It just takes me to a page to buy annual passes - which I already have. I really wish I could see the discounts online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter