AP question

If you mean purchasing an AP at guest services in Disney Springs, the answer is no, you cannot buy a pass there that does not activate immediately. Passes purchased at any ticket booth or guest services anywhere in WDW, including at Disney Springs, activate immediately.

If by DS, you are referring to purchasing at your nearby Disney Store (and possibly using a Disney Store gift card to make the purchase), then you can purchase there and be provided a confirmation number which you use to activate the actual pass later when you go to WDW, and which number can be put into your MDE account online and used to get fastpasses in advance.

If you mean purchasing an AP at guest services in Disney Springs, the answer is no, you cannot buy a pass there that does not activate immediately. Passes purchased at any ticket booth or guest services anywhere in WDW, including at Disney Springs, activate immediately.
You can purchase an AP Exchange Certificate at any Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location at WDW. An Exchange Certificate is the same thing you get if you purchase by phone or online.

I think you're both right.
I actually experienced this situation at Disney Springs late 2016. Bought 3 APs and told the lady I did not want to activate them because I currently have APs I am using. She said that's fine. I made the purchase and then she said they were activated. :(

She got a manager and it took a while but he was able to fix it and I was able to activate them at a later date. They didn't tell me what it is called but I might actually buy a couple today down there this week so now I am going to specifically ask for the exchange vouchers if I do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter