AP rate - is this allowed?

tinker-kyle

Mouseketeer
can i staying at OKW villa on points .... book an AP room rate for my brother and his family at another resort during the same week?

i would be able to check them in ... but i would not be staying in the room.

is this against the rules?
i thought i read somewhere that this was a possible scenario ... but thinking about it more it seems a bit "suspect"

thanks

Yes you can do this, you can book up to 3 rooms with your Annual Pass. As long as you are there to check them in to prove you are a valid AP holder than this is fine. Just tell CRO when you make the reservations that it is for your brother and not for you.

Yes, you can do this. I learned this (and booked this) today. I am staying on a PIN for AKL in 3 weeks. I am also have an AP. My best friend and her DH are coming in for part of the vacation (July 1-4 - just try getting a discount anywhere now :rolleyes: ).
For anyone who is wondering,
You can get up to 3 rooms on a PIN - However, rooms booked on a PIN have to be on the same timeframe
For AP passholders, you can get 3 rooms. I was able to book AKL savannah with an AP discount, with different check-ins and checkouts from mine. You just need the valid pass on check-in. ;)

We are so excited to be able to spend time at such an awesome resort, for some really good rates. :banana: :banana: What a great time we are going to have!

I know that you can book up to 3 rooms, but it must be a the same resort. I think that I also read somewhere at some time or another that you can't have reservations at more than 1 resort during the same time period meaning like with the Advanced Reservations on restuarants you can't double book.

scenario ...
my family at PKW on pts. 8/20 thru 8/28 -- we have AP
my brother's family at POR 8/23-8/26
can i book AP rate?
i will be there to check them in
it is only one room

what do you think? good or no good?

thanks again!

i really don't see why you couldn't do this. as a dvc owner, CRO can't even see your reservation at OKW, that is done through member services, a completely separate entity.

I am sure you can do this. My sis was just there and stayed in her DVC. She then booked a room for her in-laws at a different resort at an AP rate. SHe was there at check in and they got the rate.

I believe the AP holder has to be holding a room at the same resort they are getting rooms at for others (I did find out I didn't have to be there at check in with my daughter last month, and I had been told I did. Heck, they wouldn't even tell me if she had checked in yet, even though our rooms were "connected" on the ressies. She paid with her own cc too.). However, the best way to be sure, is to write and ask guest services, or to try. Just because a CM on the phone told me these, I have found out, it doesn't make it correct. It's what's in writing that counts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter