AP Rate Question

kato0627

DIS Veteran
We are visiting SSR in July. We have 2 nights booked, cash, on our AP rate and the rest of the stay on points. I called today to add DDP to our ressie. We were unable to do so for the cash nights b/c we used an AP rate???
I was able to add it to our DVC nights naturally.
Does this sound right??? I could not believe we could not buy the DDP b/c we received a discount for AP. By the way the AP rate was much cheaper than the DVC cash discount night!!!
:confused3

That is right. Essentially, you are renting a room direct from Disney for the nights you are paying cash. To be eligible for the DDP, you need to be on a package and paying rack rate for your room. Although you are able to add the DDP when staying on points at DVC, without purchasing a package, for your cash reservation it would have to be a package.

Is your cash ressie in the middle of your stay? Just interested because we wanted to add the DDP for just one week next year but knew we had to have it for our entire stay. However, we have 2 nights on cash in the middle of our stay so I wonder whether that would split our ressie essentially so we could just book it for one week :confused3

If you can get the DVC discounted cash rate instead of the CRO AP rate, you could link the ressies and then get the dining plan.

Our cash nights are the first 2 of the trip. It was significantly cheaper than the DVC discount so we grabbed it. Switched our dinner ressies and will just pay OOP for the first 2 days. This will be fine considering how hot it will be, sometimes the DDP is way too much food!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter