AP rates for the Grand Californian?

Ladyhawke10

Grand Floridian girl
I'm considering buying an AP to help with the costs of the Grand California. I know there are different types of AP you can buy--does the type of AP cause the discount to vary (would a premium AP have greater hotel discounts than a limited one)? What are they AP rates like? (I saw elsewhere on a thread that GC was 169 a night...wow!) Is this typical?

Thanks for info!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

All AP's get the same discount. The rates usally come out a couple of months ahead; sometimes they are really good and sometimes they are not much better than you can get with AAA, depending on what time of year it is. You might want to wait until the rates come out for your time period before you decide to buy an AP if that is the only reason you are planning to get one. If you are planning to go after Aug 27 you might want to check Expedia - they have a special for one night free when you book 4+ nights.

Only one person in your party has to have an AP (any kind) to get the discount. I think it is worth it. We just stayed at GC with a downtown Disney view for 159.00 a night for three nights. We loved it. That was in January - the rates are still good for now. Even for Spring Break. Of course rates will go up no matter what for high season. So would depend on what time of the year you are looking at.

How do you find out what the AP rates are? We are going in October and haven't decided on what type of passes to buy. Is there information available online somewhere or do you have to call Disney?

APs that register online can check for specials online. There are AP newsletters that are mailed out, but heavily discounted rooms go fast! The AP rates for October might appear in late August or September. There is no guarantee that there will be AP rates. It is all based upon demand.

Thanks for info! Especially that I can get any AP (such as the limited so. cal) and get the discounts...I thought they were only good with the premium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter